British Speedway Forum

52 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Shocking value on a season ticket too. If you miss two matches you are out of pocket! Farcial that price reflected against the PL pricing too.

Just when you think it can't get any worse, Jason Doyle has signed for Swindon today :(

Season ticket at £215  for 15 matches works out at £14-33 a match, so I assume full admission is £16 giving a saving of £25 and as Najjer says if you miss two you are out of pocket, as most people have 2 weeks away on holiday, not counting absences for sickness or family occasions, I cannot see why anyone would buy one. Perhaps the admission is actually £17 which would give a saving of £40 which seems unlikely. So far no price quoted for OAP concessions just students.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:49 AM, montie said:

looking at the make up of other teams though they all will be running 2 pointers[ish] at reserve so that will even things up a bit

The sensible thing for the BSPA to do is have two reserve races, that will be more entertaining and give the reserves a chance rather than them getting low points every match and getting demoralised.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Season ticket at £215  for 15 matches works out at £14-33 a match, so I assume full admission is £16 giving a saving of £25 and as Najjer says if you miss two you are out of pocket, as most people have 2 weeks away on holiday, not counting absences for sickness or family occasions, I cannot see why anyone would buy one. Perhaps the admission is actually £17 which would give a saving of £40 which seems unlikely. So far no price quoted for OAP concessions just students.

If you think the adult season ticket isn't too enticing, look closer at the student version - £203 for 15 meetings. Whereas you'd pay a total of £210 if you attended all meetings at the £14 per meeting student price. A saving of just £7 over the year. Has this been thought through?

On 11/26/2018 at 2:46 PM, idh said:

Room for BWD

Hope so. There are few enough riders coming back to the team from the season just gone. Just Nico so far. Would be good to have a semblance of continuity, despite dropping down from the PL.

4 hours ago, Harry The Goat said:

If you think the adult season ticket isn't too enticing, look closer at the student version - £203 for 15 meetings. Whereas you'd pay a total of £210 if you attended all meetings at the £14 per meeting student price. A saving of just £7 over the year. Has this been thought through

Edited by Buttons

14 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The sensible thing for the BSPA to do is have two reserve races, that will be more entertaining and give the reserves a chance rather than them getting low points every match and getting demoralised.

I like this or at least moving the reserve race back in the program. The reserves have all the pressure and best points scoring opportunity in heat 2 (the first look at the track for some and often with setups far from perfect) if it was run later in the meeting or as suggested twice how many think the results would remain the same.

31 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I like this or at least moving the reserve race back in the program. The reserves have all the pressure and best points scoring opportunity in heat 2 (the first look at the track for some and often with setups far from perfect) if it was run later in the meeting or as suggested twice how many think the results would remain the same.

The thing is it didn't really work in the old elite league when you had two reserve races. Again it was put there as the difference in standards was too great, but by later in the meeting on too many occasions one of the reserves had been withdrawn through injury and you ended up with 3 rider races. Those pleading for value for money are going to love that!

Edited by wtf
  • Like 2

World Team Long Track Champion Dimitri Berge will ride for Somerset in the 2019 Championship.

19 minutes ago, Cupidstunt said:

Schlien

berge

todd kurtz

Harris

Rowe

Atkins

Covatti

I think you may be spot on there Kurtz average fits BWD doesn't now

4 minutes ago, idh said:

BWD would of fit, as I think Somerset have 6.30 remaining. But it won't be him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, idh said:

Like with Jake Allen, it doesn't come as much of a surprise that Bradley isn't included in the team for next year. I would imagine he's off to Eastbourne.