British Speedway Forum

I may have to correct my last statement Paul Starke would Fit in nicely

Decent signing Berge 

Starkey to follow ? 

5 minutes ago, Always a RACER said:

Who owns BWD’s  contract Jon Cook ?

I think you will find he's a Somerset Asset 

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

Like with Jake Allen, it doesn't come as much of a surprise that Bradley isn't included in the team for next year. I would imagine he's off to Eastbourne.

Hope BWD is back to Eastie, be great to have him back as we set him on his way over here and would have had him back  for a second season if the rules hadn't changed.  

1 hour ago, Always a RACER said:

Who owns BWD’s  contract Jon Cook ?

As already stated, he is a Somerset asset.

1 hour ago, Always a RACER said:

Decent signing Berge 

Starkey to follow ? 

starkers back to Glasgow , so we think .

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

Hope BWD is back to Eastie, be great to have him back as we set him on his way over here and would have had him back  for a second season if the rules hadn't changed.  

BWD worky bound ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Cliffeboy said:

If he fits I hope it’s Starkey.

if the strong rumours are anything to go by , he is heading north !

• Like 1

With a reserve tailed off at the back you virtually have a 3 rider RACE anyway.

7 hours ago, wtf said:

The thing is it didn't really work in the old elite league when you had two reserve races. Again it was put there as the difference in standards was too great, but by later in the meeting on too many occasions one of the reserves had been withdrawn through injury and you ended up with 3 rider races. Those pleading for value for money are going to love that!

22 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Season ticket at £215  for 15 matches works out at £14-33 a match, so I assume full admission is £16 giving a saving of £25 and as Najjer says if you miss two you are out of pocket, as most people have 2 weeks away on holiday, not counting absences for sickness or family occasions, I cannot see why anyone would buy one. Perhaps the admission is actually £17 which would give a saving of £40 which seems unlikely. So far no price quoted for OAP concessions just students.

I clicked on booking form link  and see it's £16 admission or £17-50 including one person for car park No concession for OAP's as far as I can see. I think it's a cunning plan to stop me going again, if it is, it's worked :sad:           

7 hours ago, idh said:

I think you will find he's a Somerset Asset 

Why would Somerset let him go elsewhere then? It must be one thing £££. I can’t see Eastbourne having a bigger budget being new to the league.

I still don't think the penny has dropped with most promotions (including Somerset) the fans & sponsors you do have support the team & riders you had, they bond with the riders & that bond/ support grows. When you have wholesale changes from one season to the next that bond has been lost! If you favorite, second, third & forth favorite riders has gone from the previous season then you may seriously consider continuing your support for YOUR team. 

• Like 4