British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Didn't Bomber ride for St Austell in the Amateur/Conference League while he was 15?

You could be right, and if so he also should have the reduction.

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Didn't Bomber ride for St Austell in the Amateur/Conference League while he was 15?

He did.

• Thanks 1

Although my opinion means nothing i like the look of the 1-7 and out of the completed sides i would have you guys down as favourites

17 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Because the reduction is for coming through the Conference/National League prior to riding for the team in a higher league. Richie rode in the Conference team I think at Scunny, but Harris probably only rode for Trewlawny in the PL before going on to bigger teams.

Is it not all just all a bit pathetic to introduce this rule,just opens a can of worms.Woffy will be looking for Team now.If that’s the best they can can up with it show how pathetic the sport is run IMO.Your are negating the benefit it is meant to help young riders but letting riders who have been riding for 20  + years have a reduction NOW.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Is it not all just all a bit pathetic to introduce this rule,just opens a can of worms.Woffy will be looking for Team now.If that’s the best they can can up with it show how pathetic the sport is run IMO.Your are negating the benefit it is meant to help young riders but letting riders who have been riding for 20  + years have a reduction NOW.

So narrow minded. Surely any help for British riders is better than promoting more foreigners, wherher they are 15 or 45?

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

It should be just British riders but the rule states ANY riders that has competed in the NL (NDL & Conference leagues, previously)

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

So narrow minded. Surely any help for British riders is better than promoting more foreigners, wherher they are 15 or 45?

Its riders like Harris that are taking the money out of the sport that they can’t afford,although it’s not his fault if the Promotions pay up to his demands.

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

Well said that man.

Your regulation granting a reduction for Third Division-trained riders is fine, and as the old guard like Harris, and the colonials such as Morris, Schlein and Wethers retire, the intended result of the rule will kick in to promote Brits-only ...

Look at it in the long term, don't scream and shout about Chris Harris, etc. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Uluru said:

Your regulation granting a reduction for Third Division-trained riders is fine, and as the old guard like Harris, and the colonials such as Morris, Schlein and Wethers retire, the intended result of the rule will kick in to promote Brits-only ...

Look at it in the long term, don't scream and shout about Chris Harris, etc. 

Unfortunately speedway fans, promoters and most people within the sport rarely see the long term. If it isn't working straight away, ideas are binned.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, rustyre bel1 said:

Who is Charles Wright signing for most teams are complete

I hope it is Newcastle.

On 11/28/2018 at 7:29 PM, Ghosty said:

I still don't think the penny has dropped with most promotions (including Somerset) the fans & sponsors you do have support the team & riders you had, they bond with the riders & that bond/ support grows. When you have wholesale changes from one season to the next that bond has been lost! If you favorite, second, third & forth favorite riders has gone from the previous season then you may seriously consider continuing your support for YOUR team. 

I am surprised that I haven't had much response to my previous post, please what do others think? 

It does seem the vast majority of Somerset faithful where looking forward to seeing the "promised" Charles Wright teamed with Jake Allen & Bradley Wilson Dean wearing the Rebels colours in 2019 even with the announcement that we were in the Championship, none are on the way...

It now look's like the only OAPs concessions on offer for 2019 are the signing of 2 OAPs (in speedway terms) of Bomber & Roo Boy!

The thing with the Oak Tree Arena is with the right riders you get brilliant speedway, does the current 2019 lineup contain those "wright" riders?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Charles Wright. Newcastle. Really.

Yes, class rider. I nearly signed him in about 2003 for my Gems team, so have watched his progress ever since. Why not ?