British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Yes, class rider. I nearly signed him in about 2003 for my Gems team, so have watched his progress ever since. Why not ?

He likes riding at Newcastle that much, that two years ago, he gave up his British semi final spot, so that Jason Garritty (might have been Ben Barker) could ride in his place. That's how much he wants to be at Newcastle.

1 minute ago, sidewinder said:

He likes riding at Newcastle that much, that two years ago, he gave up his British semi final spot, so that Jason Garritty (might have been Ben Barker) could ride in his place. That's how much he wants to be at Newcastle.

His loss then. I'll look out for a breakdown on the motorway when his team is due to ride at our place. :D

36 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Charles Wright. Newcastle. Really.

Think he'l be a Somerset.

• Thanks 1

Starry, please tell me that’s a tongue in cheek comment?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I am surprised that I haven't had much response to my previous post, please what do others think? 

It does seem the vast majority of Somerset faithful where looking forward to seeing the "promised" Charles Wright teamed with Jake Allen & Bradley Wilson Dean wearing the Rebels colours in 2019 even with the announcement that we were in the Championship, none are on the way...

It now look's like the only OAPs concessions on offer for 2019 are the signing of 2 OAPs (in speedway terms) of Bomber & Roo Boy!

The thing with the Oak Tree Arena is with the right riders you get brilliant speedway, does the current 2019 lineup contain those "wright" riders?

Think I replied at the time, but you are so right. This team has a very un-Somerset feel to it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Think I replied at the time, but you are so right. This team has a very un-Somerset feel to it.

Oh come on Naj; four who have ridden for Somerset (guests included) and an ex-mascot.  That's not too bad! :rofl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willowman said:

Oh come on Naj; four who have ridden for Somerset (guests included) and an ex-mascot.  That's not too bad! :rofl:

"The thing with the Oak Tree Arena is with the right riders you get brilliant speedway, does the current 2019 lineup contain those "wright" riders?"  Take out Covatti & may-be one ride a meeting from Bomber I think 2019 may be like most other tracks @ the OTA (uninspiring).

44 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

"The thing with the Oak Tree Arena is with the right riders you get brilliant speedway, does the current 2019 lineup contain those "wright" riders?"  Take out Covatti & may-be one ride a meeting from Bomber I think 2019 may be like most other tracks @ the OTA (uninspiring).

But if the "Wright " riders decide to go elsewhere there's not much promoters can do, is there.

22 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Think he'l be a Somerset.

Think Starry has nailed this one. Must've been his good mate Gazza tipping him off.

23 hours ago, Willowman said:

Seeing Jack Holder and Charles Wright sign up for other people today in the Premiership makes it even more depressing.

Just now, Najjer said:

Seeing Jack Holder and Charles Wright sign up for other people today in the Premiership makes it even more depressing.

I suppose I'm going to be "Billy No Mates" at the OTA next season then; or will "curiosity kill the cat"?

Just now, Willowman said:

I suppose I'm going to be "Billy No Mates" at the OTA next season then; or will "curiosity kill the cat"?

With a little baby Najjer on the way in February, there's a good chance I will be spending any spare £16s on nappys and not speedway!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Buttons said:

But if the "Wright " riders decide to go elsewhere there's not much promoters can do, is there.

I think the funny bit is that his replacement cost more money than he was asking for,  but some people at the club still see him as a £40 a point reserve from 2013. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Najjer said:

Tbf didn’t think we would get Jack this season , can’t say about Wrighty cos we are in the wrong division. He probably had a deal in place before we went Championship.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Willowman said:

Friend of the guy whos e-mail appears in the letter column of the Speedway Star this week Ie  no concessions.