British Speedway Forum

Are Somerset reverting back to a Friday night race night or keeping with Wednesday evenings. 

Are you allowed to race on sat nights as I would have thought the traffic would be better and you might attract the holiday makers who normally travel on a Friday   

25 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Are Somerset reverting back to a Friday night race night or keeping with Wednesday evenings. 

Are you allowed to race on sat nights as I would have thought the traffic would be better and you might attract the holiday makers who normally travel on a Friday   

No staying to Wednesday I believe, much better for anyone travelling than Friday, the M5 is horrendous

• Like 2

On 12/29/2018 at 2:48 PM, Racin Jason 72 said:

Saturday would be disaster. The M5 is even worse traffic on a Saturday than it is on a Friday. 

• Thanks 1

If the Rebels are running home meetings on Wednesdays in 2019 I hope can we have consistent weekly home  meetings.  If there's a conflict with other Wednesday tracks not allowing this to happen then start the season with a few Saturday home fixtures to alleviate the problem, or is that a too simple solution?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CountyGround said:

If the Rebels are running home meetings on Wednesdays in 2019 I hope can we have consistent weekly home  meetings.  If there's a conflict with other Wednesday tracks not allowing this to happen then start the season with a few Saturday home fixtures to alleviate the problem, or is that a too simple solution?

What other Wednesday tracks?

On 1/4/2019 at 11:05 PM, CountyGround said:

There isn't enough fixtures for weekly meetings. If you started the season on the first week in April then your season would be over by the end of July.

i thought i read in the s/star about 2 yrs ago now that they had gone to the trouble of meeting with the council about saturdays and curfews etc and had made a big announcement that they had been granted just one saturday meeting per season , although i don't think they've used it yet . if i didn't dream this it certainly means saturday isn't an option.

Edited by gee jay
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 8:42 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

That sounds terrible imagine regular speedway on regular nights during the summer, even worse if it was first week of May until end of August, all those dreadful nice warm evenings with reduced threat of rain and the whole of September reserved for Play Offs, Cup finals etc. 

Thankfully everyone will see sense and run erratically, enjoy the Easter weekend washout and embrace the rush of fixtures before the cut off dates / freezing their toes off watching the season wimper out in late October. 

Very funny post!  but seriously is it sad (even alarming) when posters on this forum look to have far more idea how to run U.K. speedway than the B.S.P.A.?

May-be they (BSPA) could get Mike Atkins to give them a few pointers he's a man that knows everything....(joke)  Any news on the Rebels front. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bradley Wilson Dean

With the sad demise of Workington where will BWD now ride in the Championship? Most Rebels supporters would welcome him back @ the Oaktree.......... over to you Gary May.

Edited by Ghosty
Grammer

At least one more less fixture in the fixture list again too - Less meetings than ever now!

4 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Bradley Wilson Dean

With the sad demise of Workington where will BWD now ride in the Championship? Most Rebels supporters would welcome him back @ the Oaktree.......... over to you Gary May.

i think you will find BWD was offered a contract By GM but BWD turned it down.

• Like 1

Not a very smart move, at least you know you will get paid at Somerset, looking at Comets financial situation, the alarm bells should have been ringing, at least there will be some Riders going cheap now, looking for a Team place.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

but it is unfair on the lads that you then let go. All teams are sorted now.

• Like 1