British Speedway Forum

30 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Better off without him as is the whole of Speedway, if you don't like it Berge then begger off. Got enough problems as it is without the incredible sulk kicking off every year.

Yes, from what I gather Somerset have tried and tried to contact him but have failed to do so on many times. Do t think his heart is in it TBH.

• Like 1

Is Berge still planning to ride for Belle Vue? Presumably not based on his excuse for quitting Somerset. More importantly, will we be able to get a straight replacement or will someone else need to be sacrificed, as has happened in the past? IMO he should receive a lengthy ban from UK speedway for not honouring his contract. I notice that the article on the official website does not wish him well etc. Are suitable full-time mechanics really that scarce in the UK?

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Berge has quit somerset 

SO COME ON YOU NUMBER CRUNCHERS! who is still available that "fits" with-in the points limit?

We could have a fans vote with who's on offer................ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midget said:

Mason campton 

1 hour ago, HGould said:

not sure BW-D will fit average wise ? (for a month anyway :D)

Got around 5.23 to play with so neither would fit.

Just now, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Haertel or could have Jeppersen back 

The latter makes sense (as i see no sense at all in anyone signing Hurt-all). With the points left its seems almost certain to be an assessed foreign rider....wonderful for British Speedway

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Which Worky rider has average to suit:t:

josh is the guy for zummerset . how many points have you to play with ?

he is travelling over , despite  not having a team. he just needs a work visa to ride . has english background i do believe .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Young kyle bickley would do a good job 

a bit late. wont be heading to THE BEAUTIFUL SOUTH . more like north west Scotland .

but , if you have a spare 10k signing on fee  to enter the bidding game, go for it .

but something tells me you will be ending up with Simon .

Edited by jenga

Given Berge's history there was always a question mark over him but he looked to be the key rider in this side if it was to challenge

Jan Graversen, Mark Riss and Emil Grondal are other possible options.

Berge quits Somerset because he cannot get a full time  mechanic in the Uk ,so he is not going to ride for Belle Vue this season ?

Has not quit them as yet,i would of thought he would of quit both the teams ??   w  e  i  r  d