British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Bluenose said:

Berge quits Somerset because he cannot get a full time  mechanic in the Uk ,so he is not going to ride for Belle Vue this season ?

Has not quit them as yet,i would of thought he would of quit both the teams ??   w  e  i  r  d

Belle Vue only ride on a Monday or Thursday. Somerset's home matches are a Wednesday and then all away matches except Birmingham are Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I assume that's the difficulty if the mechanic is the real issue. Seems a little far fetched though.

• Like 1

Getting a bit fed up with all this now tbh. You are not going to tell me that he ever wanted to ride for us. Haven’t a clue who we can replace him with now. Choice option has now gone just going to get someone we didn’t want to make up the numbers. 

1 hour ago, Cliffeboy said:

Getting a bit fed up with all this now tbh. You are not going to tell me that he ever wanted to ride for us. Haven’t a clue who we can replace him with now. Choice option has now gone just going to get someone we didn’t want to make up the numbers. 

Ditto.  There's a real risk it could be an ex-Worky rider that could be a rival to my least favourite rider.  Would severely threaten my seasons support.

Adam Allott

11 minutes ago, Willowman said:

Ditto.  There's a real risk it could be an ex-Worky rider that could be a rival to my least favourite rider.  Would severely threaten my seasons support.

Adam Allott

just use r/r for the whole of 2019 season if you cant find that magic sub 5.5 pointer  to turn your season into a winner . who wants to ride for a bunch of lossers like you lot anyhow . berge didnt. BWD didnt and charles wright didnt . 

btw . workington only have one rider under 5.50 and he is almost certain to be  northern bound . on a 2.00 ave . so tough luck as they say .

that boat  is starting to ship water already 

Edited by jenga

5 minutes ago, jenga said:

just use r/r for the whole of 2019 season if you cant find that magic sub 5.5 pointer  to turn your season into a winner . who want to ride for a bunch of lossers like you lot anyhow . berge didnt. BWD didnt and charles wright didnt . 

You forgot to mention Jake Allen.

19 minutes ago, jenga said:

just use r/r for the whole of 2019 season if you cant find that magic sub 5.5 pointer  to turn your season into a winner . who wants to ride for a bunch of lossers like you lot anyhow . berge didnt. BWD didnt and charles wright didnt . 

btw . workington only have one rider under 5.50 and he is almost certain to be  northern bound . on a 2.00 ave . so tough luck as they say .

bit harsh that.sour and grapes seems to come to mind

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jenga said:

just use r/r for the whole of 2019 season if you cant find that magic sub 5.5 pointer  to turn your season into a winner . who want to ride for a bunch of lossers like you lot anyhow . berge didnt. BWD didnt and charles wright didnt . 

Oh how we've missed your wonderful words of wisdom, NOT.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, jenga said:

Ha ha ha losers we are certainly not. So BWD, Charles and Berge didn’t want to ride for us you say. Do I really have to troll through all the riders who HAVE wanted to ride for us, including the World Champion. Jog on mate.

9 hours ago, spin king junior said:

Got around 5.23 to play with so neither would fit.

Maybe we could get a talented Aussie, time to speak to Lemmo?

1 hour ago, Cliffeboy said:

Ha ha ha losers we are certainly not. So BWD, Charles and Berge didn’t want to ride for us you say. Do I really have to troll through all the riders who HAVE wanted to ride for us, including the World Champion. Jog on mate.

sorry mates , i seem to have hit the L button on the key boars instead of the T.  losers has one O  in it as well . and one S . oh well . bach to  skool . 

Edited by jenga

5 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

american gino ,or young gun danny phillips [ just coming good soon  ]

Danny already has a team spot in both the NL and SGB Championship.

On 2/1/2019 at 9:38 AM, spin king junior said:

Josh McDonald? Simon Lambert?

Simon Lambert is a loyal club man, and excellent in the pits with other riders.

He's British and deserves a punt.

2 hours ago, Mimmo said:

With due respect to Simon Lambert, if we're not going for an Aussie I would rather see the likes of Nathan Stoneman or simular young british talent. Build a club asset base.  

8 hours ago, Mimmo said:

Nothing against Simon but you couldn't risk him with the two reserves Somerset have it would put too much pressure on them if he wasn't scoring many points in the main body of the side. 

Also you want people who will improve there average and i'm not sure Simon will.

• Like 2