British Speedway Forum

No surprise at all that Berge has tippy toed away from Somerset, he did a very similar thing when at Berwick a couple of seasons ago. No sooner had he signed then he wanted away and ultimately got his wish, he is a talent but he needs to sort out his temperament. 

• Like 2

I wish Valentin the very best of luck having been given the chance to race in this country, but what a kick in the teeth for riders like Mason Campton and Simon Lambert who have no club to ride for, through no fault of their own.

• Like 2

Berge looked critical to Somerset’s season as someone who could genuinely significantly increase his average. He’d be bound to ride like a heat leader at the OTA. Compare that to Grobauer who the management hope will ride to his average and knows zero away tracks, it looks like a big step down for Rebels fans. Imo it goes from looking like a solid top 4 side to now having major question marks over the bottom end of the team. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, screm said:

No surprise at all that Berge has tippy toed away from Somerset, he did a very similar thing when at Berwick a couple of seasons ago. No sooner had he signed then he wanted away and ultimately got his wish, he is a talent but he needs to sort out his temperament. 

“Don’t Touch” and “Barge Pole” seem to describe Berge.

10 hours ago, CountyGround said:

Who's paying travel cost? cash strapped rebels!

Indeed, I was under the impression they dropped down to cut costs, with riders freely available already in the UK it’s a strange one.

• Like 1

It now puts huge pressure on Aitkins and Rowe and their experience at this level is zero.

I doubt the side will remain unchanged for very long....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mimmo said:

I wish Valentin the very best of luck having been given the chance to race in this country, but what a kick in the teeth for riders like Mason Campton and Simon Lambert who have no club to ride for, through no fault of their own.

Campton's average is well over a point higher than Berge's so wouldn't fit. Lambert simply isn't good enough.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, screm said:

Same at Glasgow, although he didn't exactlly tippy tpe away. :rolleyes::cheers:

1 hour ago, The Cheese said:

Campton's average is well over a point higher than Berge's so wouldn't fit. Lambert simply isn't good enough.

I think Simon  Lambert would do a better job than the German guy who has absolutely no experience of British tracks and he's not exactly coming in as a new talent , and I wouldn't expect him to see the season through without being replaced or getting injured at some stage . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

I think Simon  Lambert would do a better job than the German guy who has absolutely no experience of British tracks and he's not exactly coming in as a new talent , and I wouldn't expect him to see the season through without being replaced or getting injured at some stage . 

Agree 100%. Why do the promoters keep backing rubbish foreign riders over British riders ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Agree 100%. Why do the promoters keep backing rubbish foreign riders over British riders ?

Somerset top 4 look good, but with 2 rookie reserves and a German with little knowledge of British tracks they will be wagging a long tail , top 4 can't afford any off nights . The gamble with the 2 reserves I think is worth it but it's a big risk bringing in the German.

On 2/3/2019 at 7:11 PM, screm said:

Welcome Valentin Grobauer.

This could be a problematical signing if there is a hard Brexit.

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

This could be a problematical signing if there is a hard Brexit.

dip him in your tea . he will soon soften up and it will become a soft biscuit .