British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

This could be a problematical signing if there is a hard Brexit.

Really, do you not listen to the news ?

48 minutes ago, Fred5 said:

Really, do you not listen to the news ?

Yes.

Which is why I pose the question.

On his two spells at Redcar. Berge is a gating tart. And his machinery was very suspect.

Edited by mikebaker

2 hours ago, mikebaker said:

On his two spells at Redcar. Berge is a gating tart. And his machinery was very suspect.

Not so much a gating tart,just not interested most of the time,he has talent but attitude stinks IMO.His fellow Frenchman Bellego suffers the same traits.Seem to be earning a living out the sport though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

This could be a problematical signing if there is a hard Brexit.

Why?What is the latest?I Thought May had assured there would be no problem,you just have to register.And as long as you have a job there should be no problem,I thought.In this case it all seems to be before Brexit happens anyway.Maybe after there could be problems

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

Yes.

Well listen more carefully

Yes.

Yes.

1 hour ago, Fred5 said:

Well listen more carefully

So when were Brexit arrangements signed off? I must have missed that.

Given that ending freedom of movement is one of May's red lines and that Javid and May regularly talk about reducing migration it seems that any outcome that doesn't involve one of the softer options ( such as EFTA or Norway) will result in restrictions on EU nationals working in the UK.

Whether assurances about Europeans already working here are relevant given that Grobauer will be self-employed and his first engagement in the UK will be after 29 March is impossible to guess at.

Of course if we have May's deal ( or variant thereof) or extension to article 50 then the issue is deferred until 2020 or a subsequent season.

Not withstanding the Parliamentary vote (Spelman/Dromey) hard Brexit is still on the table.

So who knows what will happen.

As you say,who knows what will happen?Assurances have been given and even in a hard Brexit all that is supposed to happen is EU nationals will no longer have priority.So every foreign rider will be treated the same,it seems.If Grobauer has problems then so will any new foreign rider I guess.I imagine if he has any problem it will be on track,rather than off

And it may get tougher to sign EU riders if qualifying national championships are used as a benchmark similar to Australians.

33 minutes ago, GWC said:

And it may get tougher to sign EU riders if qualifying national championships are used as a benchmark similar to Australians.

At least then, British riders will get their chance, which many reckon they should be getting in the first place.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, arnieg said:

Given that ending freedom of movement is one of May's red lines and that Javid and May regularly talk about reducing migration it seems that any outcome that doesn't involve one of the softer options ( such as EFTA or Norway) will result in restrictions on EU nationals working in the UK.

Whether assurances about Europeans already working here are relevant given that Grobauer will be self-employed and his first engagement in the UK will be after 29 March is impossible to guess at.

Of course if we have May's deal ( or variant thereof) or extension to article 50 then the issue is deferred until 2020 or a subsequent season.

Not withstanding the Parliamentary vote (Spelman/Dromey) hard Brexit is still on the table.

19 hours ago, arnieg said:

, I think you should take note of isis123. 

11 minutes ago, Fred5 said:

, I think you should take note of isis123. 

Yes iris123 says eu citizens will be treated like other foreign nationals.

So Grobauer ( like Luke Becker last year) would not get a work permit as he did not finish in the top four of his national championship.

Hope this helps you to understand the situation

But May stated EU citizens will have until the end of 2020 until any change comes,so not this season.Just as in Berlin they have stated as long as you have work you won’t be affected.Although you will have to prove that is the case every 3 months!

13 minutes ago, iris123 said:

But May stated EU citizens will have until the end of 2020 until any change comes,so not this season.Just as in Berlin they have stated as long as you have work you won’t be affected.Although you will have to prove that is the case every 3 months!

But it is not clear if that is linked to the transitional period in the May deal. If so then it may not apply if the May deal falls.

And doesn't the transitional period to end of 2020 relate to EU citizens already in the UK applying for settled status?

4 minutes ago, arnieg said:

But it is not clear if that is linked to the transitional period in the May deal. If so then it may not apply if the May deal falls.

And doesn't the transitional period to end of 2020 relate to EU citizens already in the UK applying for settled status?

I thought May has stated this is the worst case scenario.And no,sure she stated there is also a period where EU citizens will still be allowed to enter and work in the UK.It is quite obvious the UK still needs people to fill the many vacancies,so this makes sense