British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, StevePark said:

At least then, British riders will get their chance, which many reckon they should be getting in the first place.

If they're good enough, they'll get their chances, yes..... 

3 hours ago, iris123 said:

I thought May has stated this is the worst case scenario.And no,sure she stated there is also a period where EU citizens will still be allowed to enter and work in the UK.It is quite obvious the UK still needs people to fill the many vacancies,so this makes sense

Statements from May aren't worth the paper they are written on. Without seeing detailed regulations it is impossible to say with any certainty. Secondly May is VERY clear about limiting the number of new arrivals. If so I don't think speedway riders will be ahead of  (say) healthcare staff.

3 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Statements from May aren't worth the paper they are written on. Without seeing detailed regulations it is impossible to say with any certainty. Secondly May is VERY clear about limiting the number of new arrivals. If so I don't think speedway riders will be ahead of  (say) healthcare staff.

Isn’t that slightly (and i am being kind there )inconsistent?You firstly say May isn’t to be believed,then almost in the same breath will have us believe what she say’s!!!:wink:

Lot's of mention on here of the May deals, what about the ones that failed to land the signatures of crowd favorites:  Wright, B.W.D or Allen!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, iris123 said:

Isn’t that slightly (and i am being kind there )inconsistent?You firstly say May isn’t to be believed,then almost in the same breath will have us believe what she say’s!!!:wink:

Actions speak louder than words.

As the author of the 'hostile environment' policy while at the home office the one thread that has been consistent throughout May's politics over the last nine years is her resistance to migration, it has driven her entire approach to negotiating Brexit and is in part responsible for the mess we are currently in. ( Germany is not without its problems at the moment, but you are probably better off there than being back in the UK.)

13 hours ago, CountyGround said:

Lot's of mention on here of the May deals, what about the ones that failed to land the signatures of crowd favorites:  Wright, B.W.D or Allen!!!!!!!!!

Allen wasn't offered a deal full stop.

Theres an interesting video interview posted with Garry May on the Facebook page this morning discussing the team changes.

22 hours ago, arnieg said:

Yes iris123 says eu citizens will be treated like other foreign nationals.

So Grobauer ( like Luke Becker last year) would not get a work permit as he did not finish in the top four of his national championship.

Hope this helps you to understand the situation

There is absolutely no political reason why Grobauer should not take his place in the Rebels team this season.   Maybe you should separate the facts from the hearsay and opinions, such as those of scaremongering and treasonous people like Spelmam, Dromey and others.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, arnieg said:

Actions speak louder than words.

As the author of the 'hostile environment' policy while at the home office the one thread that has been consistent throughout May's politics over the last nine years is her resistance to migration, it has driven her entire approach to negotiating Brexit and is in part responsible for the mess we are currently in. ( Germany is not without its problems at the moment, but you are probably better off there than being back in the UK.)

What rubbish.

• Like 1

U have to feel for  berge having to drive himself to the airport and wash his own bikes , its called work what we do before we come and watch u work !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fred5 said:

There is absolutely no political reason why Grobauer should not take his place in the Rebels team this season.   Maybe you should separate the facts from the hearsay and opinions, such as those of scaremongering and treasonous people like Spelmam, Dromey and others.

I have little time for Spelman or Dromey, or delicate little snowflakes who throw around words like 'treason' simply because someone has the temerity to disagree with them.

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

U have to feel for  berge having to drive himself to the airport and wash his own bikes , its called work what we do before we come and watch u work !

In Gary May's interview he says that Berge told him "You won't change my mind" which implies to me, he simply didn't fancy it, nothing to do with bikes or mechanics.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2019 at 7:46 AM, Najjer said:

Allen wasn't offered a deal full stop.

Because he had already committed to Scunny and the loan had been agreed with the promotion, before they made the decision to step down.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Najjer said:

In Gary May's interview he says that Berge told him "You won't change my mind" which implies to me, he simply didn't fancy it, nothing to do with bikes or mechanics.

He certainly has form on that score, considering similar departures from elsewhere, when you consider his ongoing Longtrack commitments etc and the varied race days in the Championship, I'm surprised he agreed to sign in the first place. with that in mind, I'm not surprised he is still in the BV line up, with the fixed race nights.

Maybe in the future, Championship clubs with give him the very wide berth he deserves, based on his history. Blotted copybook and all that ;):rolleyes:

Edited by womble53
  • Like 2

BERGE

Could be he went out & got every deal he could get, then with everything on the table realised he had more than he could coupe with? easiest solution drop the rebels! 

Certainly messed up Gazza's master plan big time..........

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 1:16 PM, arnieg said:

I have little time for Spelman or Dromey, or delicate little snowflakes who throw around words like 'treason' simply because someone has the temerity to disagree with them.

Oh dear, seems I have upset you, not deliberate of course.  Just as well this forum is, first and foremost, for speedway and not a political one.