British Speedway Forum

21 hours ago, JackJack said:

Hi, I am thinking about going to a Somerset meeting, the one against Glasgow at the end of July. Can someone give me any advice on which are the best (cheapest) hotels to stop in, maybe within walking distance? Where to park my car once I'm at the stadium, how much parking/tickets/programs are... Any advice for a first time visitor would be appreciated, thanks very much. Looking forward to seeing what Somerset has to offer.

Hi JJ I’m a regular visitor to the OTA and stay over night. There are plenty of B and B ‘s in Burnham priced from about 60 to 80 for a room. All the ones I’ve stayed in have been fine. Being the summer season it may be a bit difficult. I shall be coming down for the Pairs and the GP in September. There is a Weatherspoons and plenty of other places to get food as well. Track is dead simple to get too, just off the   M5. Ashbourne House is very good if they have a vacancy.

Edited by Cliffeboy

Well done Somerset on winning the Fours, another trophy for Somerset and Gary May.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 7:54 PM, CountyGround said:

I wonder what sort of season we would be having had the fans choice of: Jake Allen, Charles Wright & Bradley Wilson Dean had been included in the 2019 team?

They all have carried on improving  & scoring plenty of points. There are defiantly some missing faces in the crowd.......... 

Yes... I'm one of them. I really think the Promotion missed big time this season.

No problem dropping down a league, I personally prefer it, but not having any of those riders is a massive blow.

Not on results...but the majority of fans had a ' connection' with those three.

This year's team is 'meh'...there is just no connection imo. 

When a rider makes fans get excited to watch a race...run out of the bar etc, then the promotion imo should take notice.

All three you mention had a positive effect on a meeting and it's enjoyment.

All we want is a connection, excitement and good racing....otherwise it's just a bunch of blokes going round in circles.

• Like 3

Thank you to Valentin for his efforts in a Rebels bib this year. Enjoyed watching him race and thought he did a decent job to be honest. Good luck in the future Vally.

So a team change is needed with around 5 points to play with at a guess. Not really sure who is out there but i know R/R is a longer term option! What about giving Zach Cook a go or it might even end up being a double change now to balance it out?

• Like 1

Now that Valentin Grobauer has quit Britain, who is in line to take his place at Somerset?

1 minute ago, KevH said:

Now that Valentin Grobauer has quit Britain, who is in line to take his place at Somerset?

On 6/25/2019 at 9:40 PM, Gresham said:

Yes... I'm one of them. I really think the Promotion missed big time this season.

No problem dropping down a league, I personally prefer it, but not having any of those riders is a massive blow.

Not on results...but the majority of fans had a ' connection' with those three.

This year's team is 'meh'...there is just no connection imo. 

When a rider makes fans get excited to watch a race...run out of the bar etc, then the promotion imo should take notice.

All three you mention had a positive effect on a meeting and it's enjoyment.

All we want is a connection, excitement and good racing....otherwise it's just a bunch of blokes going round in circles.

Depends how much money you have to spend, last years No 1 didn't help I should imagine.

3 hours ago, KevH said:

Would Nick Morris fit?

41 minutes ago, CountyGround said:

Would Nick Morris fit?

Nick's premiership average as of the 1st August will be 5.25.

Converted Championship average would be 7.87 so no it wouldn't fit. 

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Why has he quit? he looked useful at PB last Weds

prob because he could not stand the constructive  criticism as gazc would put it .!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Covatti out as well tonight at Eastbourne!!  Barker guests

13 hours ago, drew2 said:

Thank you to Valentin for his efforts in a Rebels bib this year. Enjoyed watching him race and thought he did a decent job to be honest. Good luck in the future Vally.

So a team change is needed with around 5 points to play with at a guess. Not really sure who is out there but i know R/R is a longer term option! What about giving Zach Cook a go or it might even end up being a double change now to balance it out?

5.26 with effect of 01/08/2019. Somerset are over the points limit, so it has to be like for like. If you make a double change then you need to bring your team limit down to below 40 after the change. For example if you got rid of Todd as well (5.27) then, because Somerset are 0.51 over the limit the two new riders can only total 10.02 and not 10.53.

6 hours ago, jenga said:

prob because he could not stand the constructive  criticism as gazc would put it .!

Bless him.

• Like 1

Atkins is having a poor season especially since he's comeback from injury good job anders rowe has really kicked on and can take some pressure off atkins

5 minutes ago, lewy said:

Atkins is having a poor season especially since he's comeback from injury good job anders rowe has really kicked on and can take some pressure off atkins

Atkins has asked to stand down now.Rode his last match last night at Eastbourne,he has struggled since his injury.