British Speedway Forum

Pontus Aspgren, Luke Becker not sure if they fit.

Edited by Cliffeboy

I feel sorry for atkins, this ridiculous points limit has to led to lads beings slung in the deep end very early in their careers, most of them after about 18 months in the nl, its a bridge too far for so many.

• Like 8

But it was Somerset’s choice to go so top heavy. 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

I feel sorry for atkins, this ridiculous points limit has to led to lads beings slung in the deep end very early in their careers, most of them after about 18 months in the nl, its a bridge too far for so many.

No one forced them to build the way they did.

• Like 5

What's Atkins average ,so him earlier in the season and looked decent .As it stands I don't think anyone can look back at how teams were set up and say hitch is right or wrong . Sheffield built there side with Drew Kemp one match away from doubling his average in the championship and was going to be there trump card but that hasn't happened . The heat format has to change and I believe young reserves should be protected and race against each other in 3 races of reserves

Edited by Tosh1218
Mispelt
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

What's Atkins average ,so him earlier in the season and looked decent .As it stands I don't think anyone can look back at how teams were set up and say hitch is right or wrong . Sheffield built there side with Drew Kemp one match away from doubling his average in the championship and was going to be there trump card but that hasn't happened . The heat format has to change and I believe young reserves should be protected and race against each other in 3 hrs of reserve races 

3 hours of reserves racing? 

Heaven forbid! 

• Haha 2

Not sure what the options are but being forced into making changes I'd be tempted to move Kurtz on as well, still only leaves about 13 though.

16 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Wonder what the reasons are ? Too much pressure maybe ? 

Don’t think people realise how hard Riding in 2 leagues can be time wise it’s more than a full time job and the amount of time spent in the garage on the road travelling time  off work just leads to a lot of pressure and little reward think he also does grasstrack as well good luck to the lad 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Somerset's top 5 led to the 2 young lads being thrown at reserve.

Blame the management. They built the team that way.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

If you want to be a Speedway rider though.Im sure he wasn’t complaining at the start of the season,it’s a tough game.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

It doesn’t help when the team building average is capped ridiculously low at 38 points

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, RebelDan said:

It doesn’t help when the team building average is capped ridiculously low at 38 points

It certainly doesn't, when you blow most of your points on your top five. You pays your money, you takes your choice.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RebelDan said:

maybe in 2020 teams will be able to build to 42.50 limit !  but you will still end up in the sh1te because teams will want to sign the cooks , lamberts and the masters which they cannot really afford and then try to balance the wages bill by signing cheaper  six and seven riders  . long live the 38 point limit , long live speedway ! you know it makes sense .....

• Like 1