British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, SomersetBlue said:

Would you see Wright shepherd round Atkins for his first win and talking to youngsters in the pits. Doubt it tbh. 

Was Rowe far off the pace SB ?

11 hours ago, Pinny said:

Form this season seems to suggest he will still be a force in the second tier at least

We thought that last year in April. Wait til the grasstrack season starts and no doubt another futile attempt at the GP qualifiers, you will be lowest on the priority list.

Always been impressed with Henry Atkins and he knows the track, I think possibly a year too soon for Anders Rowe based on NL form?

Been told Covatti will miss most Saturday Fixtures Somerset have?, if true will be a big blow to them as he has an average that belies his form and won't be easy for them to get good Guests if Berwick; Leicester and Eastbourne have Saturday matches, will only leave a few Teams and a small number of riders to choose from.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pinny said:

Form this season seems to suggest he will still be a force in the second tier at least

For me Chris is still one of the top 5 riders in the world on natural ability. It's always been the other bits that have let him down. On Ability he's the best rider in this league bar none. The more he can involve people like Matt Read in his backroom staff the more his results will improve.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cliffeboy said:

I don't know I live and work in Worcester so don't get to many meetings any more. I was watching the updates and pictures on Instagram. I'll be at the fixture in Brum though

Edited by SomersetBlue

14 hours ago, SomersetBlue said:

Would you see Wright shepherd round Atkins for his first win and talking to youngsters in the pits. Doubt it tbh. 

Probably not as much, no, But he did shepherd Jack Smith around Sheffield last year in a very similar vein

5 minutes ago, wtf said:

For me Chris is still one of the top 5 riders in the world on natural ability. It's always been the other bits that have let him down. On Ability he's the best rider in this league bar none. The more he can involve people like Matt Read in his backroom staff the more his results will improve.

Bombers ability on the bike has never been questioned its his brain that largely lets him down and the fact that despite many many years of racing he still has limited knowledge of how to get the best out of his machines. If Matt Read is now in his corner he can only benefit as he is a true hero in every sense of the word (although i thought he was mostly involved with progressing Adam Ellis to the very top).

6 hours ago, Cliffeboy said:

Not at all.  Was up against a couple of the better reserves in the league I would suggest.  Just hope a blank scoreline doesn't dent his confidence.  Great start from everyone else with a special mention for Valentin who looks good on a bike.  His 0's were not through lack of effort.  Hopefully this form will follow us away from home too.

• Like 2

Morning all, I was at Highbridge last night for the U21 semi... can anyone tell me who the older of the 2 mascots was? Think the announcer said his 1st name was Eli?

Thanks in advance...

I wonder what sort of season we would be having had the fans choice of: Jake Allen, Charles Wright & Bradley Wilson Dean had been included in the 2019 team?

They all have carried on improving  & scoring plenty of points. There are defiantly some missing faces in the crowd.......... 

• Like 3

Hi, I am thinking about going to a Somerset meeting, the one against Glasgow at the end of July. Can someone give me any advice on which are the best (cheapest) hotels to stop in, maybe within walking distance? Where to park my car once I'm at the stadium, how much parking/tickets/programs are... Any advice for a first time visitor would be appreciated, thanks very much. Looking forward to seeing what Somerset has to offer.

• Like 1

Racing... Possibly the only better track in the U.K. would be Belle Vue.

The O.T.A. is near to Weston Super Mare so plenty of summer tourist, might be best to try looking inland a bit, plenty of historic towns to visit?

O.T.A. has its own large car park cost £2?

Always best to take a coat, you can easily get caught out when the sun goes down & the sea breeze crepes in!  

7 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Racing... Possibly the only better track in the U.K. would be Belle Vue.

The O.T.A. is near to Weston Super Mare so plenty of summer tourist, might be best to try looking inland a bit, plenty of historic towns to visit?

O.T.A. has its own large car park cost £2?

Always best to take a coat, you can easily get caught out when the sun goes down & the sea breeze crepes in!  

Didn`t know they sold pancakes ;)