British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Argos

2019 Points Limit

49 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

If it is, the NL in its present form is finished.

It isn't, so it isn't.

39 was a good level for the NL, but if two teams are moving up (Brum & Kent), then the limit will need to go up to accommodate the surplus of riders.

Rumour is however that certain people want the limit lowering, and it could come down as low at 36.

11 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

It isn't, so it isn't.

39 was a good level for the NL, but if two teams are moving up (Brum & Kent), then the limit will need to go up to accommodate the surplus of riders.

Rumour is however that certain people want the limit lowering, and it could come down as low at 36.

to be honest sometimes a surplus of riders is good, it creates competition for places, offers up suitable replacements when the inevitable injuries hit and allow all teams to have the chance to build capable teams.

However low points limits offers up falsely inflated averages and whilst the focus is to get riders moving up through the leagues its important that they do when they are ready and not when their average says they are ready.

If they go 6 man teams then I am out. Likewise if the limit d8nt go up.

Fed up of spending increasingly more money, for an increasingly watered down product.

42 and leave it at that  for 2 seasons for a bit of continuity, sensible limit that  should keep a decent level of riders,  but allowing the youngsters to develop. Won't  happen though, made the same post  over the last few seasons, so no  dought it'll dilute again to 36 points. 

• Like 2

How many promoters really want a limit as low as 32? The ones I’m aware of the opinions of are all against it so surely it won’t be voted in. It sounds like something the leagues above wanted to impose, rather than the NL want themselves. 

If the rumours of 6 man teams and 3 3pointers are to be believed, then the reduced points limit won't seem so bad. Not that I agree with reducing the limit because it will put reasonable riders out of work, and where do the authorities think all these 3 pointers are going to come from? Lets hope they are rumours or the NL will be pointless instead of a valuable stepping stone for the youngsters

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

If the rumours of 6 man teams and 3 3pointers are to be believed, then the reduced points limit won't seem so bad. Not that I agree with reducing the limit because it will put reasonable riders out of work, and where do the authorities think all these 3 pointers are going to come from? Lets hope they are rumours or the NL will be pointless instead of a valuable stepping stone for the youngsters

3 x 3 pointers?, most teams have problems finding 2, so i very much doubt that will be on the agenda..

10 hours ago, Islander15 said:

How many promoters really want a limit as low as 32? The ones I’m aware of the opinions of are all against it so surely it won’t be voted in. It sounds like something the leagues above wanted to impose, rather than the NL want themselves. 

None that I know of. Indeed, its possible that tracks will close if it is that low, as there is a belief that people won't pay to watch little more than a training session.

I really don't see why the NL should be forced to do something that the majority of its members simply don't want, whatever that may be. They should be left alone to decide their own destiny. 

• Like 2

Think it will all come down to costs no one thought the championship would drop to 38 with 7 riders personally thought it should have been 6 riders on that ave but with all Nl clubs struggling maybe dropping the team ave lower will help the teams finances ,

The problem with dropping the NL limit too low is that it will reduce riders careers to 2-3 years max. Half decent new 3 pointer signs or 3 pointer from this year with experience and betters the rest of the newcomers so ends with a 5 point average. Next season that 5 pointer moves up to an 8 point rider. Season after nobody can accommodate them in a NL side but they are not good enough  to step up to the Championship so career over.

• Like 2

If some of these riders  get to a 8/9  then the way the championship is set up now they would be the new breed of 2 pointers moving up the ladder so that it becomes easier for the next lot of new young stars to start on a 3 in the nl