British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Argos

2019 Points Limit

If the NL turns into a glorified SDL who is going to pay to watch it. Last season most clubs were charging £13, which was too much for the product on offer. For those clubs left in a watered down NL, it's going to be hard to sell their product to Joe Public.

• Like 4

National League will be watered down in 2019, make no mistake. The writing has been on the wall for weeks. I think the rumour of a 32-;point limit was put out so what we don't feel so bad when it comes in at 35/36. ?Will be interesting to see whether that is six-man or seven-man teams.

We shall see, but in reality the SDL and the like might as well pack up.

Anyone half decent will be in the NDL - with the emphasis on development.

My reading of the straws in the wind is a big dumbing down of the NL.

The 2018 Buxton team would be over-strength!!!!

Of course, I may have read things wrongly, but that's how it feels to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

National League will be watered down in 2019, make no mistake. The writing has been on the wall for weeks. I think the rumour of a 32-;point limit was put out so what we don't feel so bad when it comes in at 35/36. ?Will be interesting to see whether that is six-man or seven-man teams.

We shall see, but in reality the SDL and the like might as well pack up.

Anyone half decent will be in the NDL - with the emphasis on development.

My reading of the straws in the wind is a big dumbing down of the NL.

The 2018 Buxton team would be over-strength!!!!

Of course, I may have read things wrongly, but that's how it feels to me.

Well that would be good news for Buxton fans,if it’s that low I’m sure Buxton will run

All this is pure speculation until the National League promoters have their AGM.  I think that is at the end of November but I don't know the

exact date. We hear that Eastbourne and Birmingham have moved to the Championship, but it seems very strange that neither club has

actually confirmed that....so even that may have been just a rumour. Like almost every previous season I can think of ( and that is a lot)

when the new season comes around, my guess is that not too much will have changed.

If they go to 6 man teams and the league is getting smaller in terms of number of teams, how many more young British riders will be without a team place.

Less teams must mean the average must go up, all clubs should be able to track 3 x 7 point plus riders. Also with less teams and more riders to choose from, the top names won't be able to hold clubs to ransom with silly demands when there is such competition for team places.

20 hours ago, mac101 said:

Think it will all come down to costs no one thought the championship would drop to 38 with 7 riders personally thought it should have been 6 riders on that ave but with all Nl clubs struggling maybe dropping the team ave lower will help the teams finances ,

That's not true, Kent announced they made a profit for the 6th successive year. Which just shows being proactive on the carnival front, local shows, and getting fans to spread flyers and posters around the county really can achieve. 

The Warriors have been the most pro active club for some time, and their crowds have increased year on year despite its challenging location and race night.

Mildenhall will have had a financial nightmare of a year, simply because their points Bill must of been eyewatering.

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

That's not true, Kent announced they made a profit for the 6th successive year. Which just shows being proactive on the carnival front, local shows, and getting fans to spread flyers and posters around the county really can achieve. 

The Warriors have been the most pro active club for some time, and their crowds have increased year on year despite its challenging location and race night.

Mildenhall will have had a financial nightmare of a year, simply because their points Bill must of been eyewatering.

TBH I find it difficult to be too upset about that. You reap what you sow

13 hours ago, cityrebel said:

If the NL turns into a glorified SDL who is going to pay to watch it. Last season most clubs were charging £13, which was too much for the product on offer. For those clubs left in a watered down NL, it's going to be hard to sell their product to Joe Public.

With Brum and Eagles going to the Championship....how many Clubs will be left???

Looking to be a poor League compared to recent years.

With Leicester dropping to Champ will that mean they wont run a NL team as rumoured ?  Is the door still open for Cov or are they confirmed as not running ?

5 minutes ago, raddog said:

With Leicester dropping to Champ will that mean they wont run a NL team as rumoured ?  Is the door still open for Cov or are they confirmed as not running ?

The NDL AGM isn’t until the end of the month, its structure will be finalised then.

43 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Could it not be possible that Rye House will return to NL?

Highly unlikely with the present incumbents still in place.