British Speedway Forum
Shaggy

Leicester 2019

Time to get the ball rolling in the East Midlands ;)

Who do you want to see in a Lions jacket next season then?

Leicester Lions 2019

Connor Mountain

Scott Nicholls

Josh Bates

Ryan Douglas

Jack Thomas

Richie Worrall

Ellis Perks

Edited by Shaggy

simon lambert, oysterclub , danny phillips  and my mate james sarjeant . . thats your top 4 .

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jenga said:

simon lambert, oysterclub , danny phillips  and my mate james sarjeant . . thats your top 4 .

As they made Sarjeant an asset last season along with Connor Mountain, I would think both will feature. If Josh Bates is fully fit he'll obviously be either at Leicester or Sheffield. Would also love to see NBJ.

Absolutely crucial  to have a very competitive team when you drop down a league. But the reasons seem to be the right ones. Its already been stated by the club that a big hitter No.1 is a must-have, so who will that be?? 

38 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Absolutely crucial  to have a very competitive team when you drop down a league. But the reasons seem to be the right ones. Its already been stated by the club that a big hitter No.1 is a must-have, so who will that be?? 

Would it be Danny King?

42 minutes ago, Big Al said:

WHY ?

1 hour ago, Mr Bump said:

Would it be Danny King?

Not sure if his arm injury is sorted out. Hope so, but it didn't sound good last I heard.

1 hour ago, jenga said:

WHY ?

Because interest/crowd levels could really fall off the cliff edge otherwise. Leicester is a city with plenty of sport to go and see, and to compete with the other offerings not just in terms of people choosing how to spend their money and time but also local media interest, the Lions need to be up near the top, because the change in league will be seen as relegation. The hard core loyalists will keep going come what may, but that won't be enough.

if you watch moto GP , 9just when i catch it) you will see that the moto 2/3 boys put on quite a good show . one rider does not run away with it , unlike moto gp boys M.M.

the riders are all still in with a fighting chance of winning, even on the last lap. sure they may not be breaking any records . but they are entertaining as hell . 

so just because people want to see top men thinking they are being entertained, they are not . they are only doing their day job better than the rest at a higher rate of pay .

• Like 1

Does this reduction in the total team points mean that somebody with a 2018 average of around 7.5 could be signed, and become a good No.1 in 2019? Think that's what I'd be looking for!

14 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Not sure if his arm injury is sorted out. Hope so, but it didn't sound good last I heard.

He's had the surgery done, and has declared himself 100% set to go in 2019.

6 hours ago, Big Al said:

Does this reduction in the total team points mean that somebody with a 2018 average of around 7.5 could be signed, and become a good No.1 in 2019? Think that's what I'd be looking for!

Busk Jacobsen was that quick round Leicester this year he could virtually ride for us at no.1, especially in this new, weaker “championship”