British Speedway Forum
Shaggy

Leicester 2019

No idea what his average would be but Kim Nilsson would be a great No.1. He was very popular with the fans when he rode for us.

Other names I would consider are Ricky Wells - I understand he is based around Doncaster so a weekly trip to Leicester might be preferable to Edinburgh. Nick Morris and Rory Schlein could be looking for championship clubs seeing as Lakeside/Rye House don't seem to be running and Ipswich have moved up.

I would imagine Connor Mountain will be in one of the reserve spots and I think we would then need a 'big hitter' in the other reserve position.  

Really want to see NBJ back at Berwick again next season but with the club up for sale and his tremendous record as a guest at Leicester it would be a bit silly of him to not make the move, especially as he now has David Howe as a full time mechanic/advisor who lives local to Leicester as well. 

• Like 1

If the conversion rate of 1.5 applies to this year's Premiership averages, with a team limit of 38, I would have thought a premiership 6-6.5 point rider would be realistic for a number one for 2019, so maybe Nicholls, King, Wells, or Even Josh Bates could be the Lions number 1. It would be nice if the BSPA published lists of applicable averages for each league for next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoldenGauntlet said:

If the conversion rate of 1.5 applies to this year's Premiership averages, with a team limit of 38, I would have thought a premiership 6-6.5 point rider would be realistic for a number one for 2019, so maybe Nicholls, King, Wells, or Even Josh Bates could be the Lions number 1. It would be nice if the BSPA published lists of applicable averages for each league for next year.

I’ve read somewhere else that if a rider rode and gained an average in both leagues last season,  then the their average for each league would apply in 2019

45 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

I’ve read somewhere else that if a rider rode and gained an average in both leagues last season,  then the their average for each league would apply in 2019

That was certainly the reg in 2018 but I havent seen it confirmed anywhere as to which figure applies in 2019

If the new conversion isnt applied then reducing doubling will be less effective as the increasing conversion rate will never apply to any rider remaining in both leagues every year

It would then mean they are not affected until they retire which surely defeats the object

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heedthebaw said:

I don't think that would be fair, which doesn't mean they wouldn't do it. Nicolai Klindt is (bizarrely) a 6.61 rider in the Premiership and a 6.94 rider in the Championship (maybe more motivated when riding for Poole?) - surely they would take the highest, i.e. convert the Premiership average to get fair (and more realistic) figure for the 2019 Championship (9.91)? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GoldenGauntlet said:

I don't think that would be fair, which doesn't mean they wouldn't do it. Nicolai Klindt is (bizarrely) a 6.61 rider in the Premiership and a 6.94 rider in the Championship (maybe more motivated when riding for Poole?) - surely they would take the highest, i.e. convert the Premiership average to get fair (and more realistic) figure for the 2019 Championship (9.91)? 

And Dan bewley has a higher ave in the Premiership than he has in the Championship !! I’m not sure how they’ll do it, what ever way it will be good for some and not for others

17 hours ago, GoldenGauntlet said:

At last a discussion as to how the conversion from BPL to BCL might apply. Twice I have asked this question but to no avail. I hope they use factual 2018s BPL averages otherwise it defeats the object of their proposed intentions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

I hope they use factual 2018s BPL averages otherwise it defeats the object of their proposed intentions.

Wouldn’t it be great if the powers that be did actually use facts from one season to the next to create some resemblance of continuity. 

However it seems they prefer to fiddle with things thereby ensuring confusion reigns supreme  

On 11/16/2018 at 10:47 AM, LionsFan said:

No idea what his average would be but Kim Nilsson would be a great No.1. He was very popular with the fans when he rode for us.

Other names I would consider are Ricky Wells - I understand he is based around Doncaster so a weekly trip to Leicester might be preferable to Edinburgh. Nick Morris and Rory Schlein could be looking for championship clubs seeing as Lakeside/Rye House don't seem to be running and Ipswich have moved up.

I would imagine Connor Mountain will be in one of the reserve spots and I think we would then need a 'big hitter' in the other reserve position.  

About 11.25.

Still keen?

I fully support the drop down to Championship. I for one really struggled to make Monday’s . I found myself attending more Coventry meetings then Lions.

I am going for a team of :

1. Richie Worrall (8.00)

2. James Sarjeant  (4.16)

3. Nikolaj B Jakobsen (6.58)

4. Josh Bates (6.54)

5. Nikolai Klindt (6.94)

6. Connor Mountain (3.57)

7. Jordan Jenkins (2.00)

Total 37.79

Worrall - Highly impressive in British semi @ Leicester & always seems to like riding at BP

Sarjeant- Did a solid enough job in 2018 before getting the chop, a club asset & on a cheap average.

B Jakobsen- Sensational in 2018 when guesting for Leicester & already a fans favourite also could it be a indication that he will now live & work along aside David Howe who is based in Leicester ?

Bates- Made it clear his intentions that he wants to be with Leicester in 2019 when he would surely have known they planned to drop down.

Klindt- Former Lions captain & fans favourite,  On a steal of an average , he made it clear he wanted to join Leicester instead of Poole in 2018 & also fairly local track for him.

Mountain- Watching him for Coventry at BP his improvement was massive & by the end of the season he was scoring well in the Premiership for Leicester, also a recently signed club asset makes him a certainty for 2019.

Jenkins- Someone who impressed me during 2018 when he rode for Mildenhall & also guesting at BP during Coventry meetings. Someone i expect to double down to NL again but deserves his chance in the Championship.   

1 hour ago, Lenny Lion said:

I fully support the drop down to Championship. I for one really struggled to make Monday’s . I found myself attending more Coventry meetings then Lions.

I am going for a team of :

1. Richie Worrall (8.00)

2. James Sarjeant  (4.16)

3. Nikolaj B Jakobsen (6.58)

4. Josh Bates (6.54)

5. Nikolai Klindt (6.94)

6. Connor Mountain (3.57)

7. Jordan Jenkins (2.00)

Total 37.79

Worrall - Highly impressive in British semi @ Leicester & always seems to like riding at BP

Sarjeant- Did a solid enough job in 2018 before getting the chop, a club asset & on a cheap average.

B Jakobsen- Sensational in 2018 when guesting for Leicester & already a fans favourite also could it be a indication that he will now live & work along aside David Howe who is based in Leicester ?

Bates- Made it clear his intentions that he wants to be with Leicester in 2019 when he would surely have known they planned to drop down.

Klindt- Former Lions captain & fans favourite,  On a steal of an average , he made it clear he wanted to join Leicester instead of Poole in 2018 & also fairly local track for him.

Mountain- Watching him for Coventry at BP his improvement was massive & by the end of the season he was scoring well in the Premiership for Leicester, also a recently signed club asset makes him a certainty for 2019.

Jenkins- Someone who impressed me during 2018 when he rode for Mildenhall & also guesting at BP during Coventry meetings. Someone i expect to double down to NL again but deserves his chance in the Championship.   

Looks good to me! Just a bit wary about which average is used for Klindt  (see previous) - has this burning issue been decided yet? 

nicolai klindt has a championship average , but will not be doing the championship in 2019 as we have been told .

3 hours ago, Big Al said:

Looks good to me! Just a bit wary about which average is used for Klindt  (see previous) - has this burning issue been decided yet? 

I have just gone on his effective average 1/10/18. But if he isn’t doing Championship in 2019 then i would take Proctor 6.96 or Barker 7.05 again effective averages 1/10/18.

We’ve announced that we’re ready to make an announcement very soon. Good stuff