British Speedway Forum
Shaggy

Leicester 2019

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

You are assuming that the Lions will be riding on GP Saturdays then?

workington tried not to when craig was in the G.P.s and look what happened there  . ole goodfrey struck lol

• Haha 1

Season ticket holders might get a decent discount on those swanky Italian designer shirts he models?

2 hours ago, adonis said:

well  chamionship is not like premiership , you race every week ,one of the things that makes it a better league , so I can't them not racing every other week because the GP is on

Ignoring March (too cold for anything) and October (play offs) I reckon that there are 26 Saturdays in the rest of the Summer. No doubt there will be a couple of home meetings on bank holiday Mondays and at least a couple of home meetings on the alternative race night (whatever that is!). This gives a total of 30 dates for home meetings of which there will be 11 in the Championship (if two teams come up from the National league), 3 in the Shield and up to 4 (including the final) in the KOC giving a total of 18. During the same period, based on last season, there will be 9 G.Ps. This would still leave 3 dates free for rain offs and all of October for play offs (if we should be so lucky) so I think that Scott could still double up between the Championship and the GPs although there might be the odd occasion that he will be missing if we have a bad Summer weather wise.

13 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Ignoring March (too cold for anything) and October (play offs) I reckon that there are 26 Saturdays in the rest of the Summer. No doubt there will be a couple of home meetings on bank holiday Mondays and at least a couple of home meetings on the alternative race night (whatever that is!). This gives a total of 30 dates for home meetings of which there will be 11 in the Championship (if two teams come up from the National league), 3 in the Shield and up to 4 (including the final) in the KOC giving a total of 18. During the same period, based on last season, there will be 9 G.Ps. This would still leave 3 dates free for rain offs and all of October for play offs (if we should be so lucky) so I think that Scott could still double up between the Championship and the GPs although there might be the odd occasion that he will be missing if we have a bad Summer weather wise.

yes ok I give in you win.

And the third rider will be announced at the Supporters Club function on Saturday night - be interested to see who it is. With Scott & Connor already in place its not obvious if we are building a top heavy team or a strength in depth, either way its bloody hard building to 38 points. Who would want to be a team manager but at least ours appears to have a plan.

On 11/21/2018 at 5:20 PM, Hamish McRaker said:

Season ticket holders might get a decent discount on those swanky Italian designer shirts he models?

Talking of season ticket holders getting a discount, had an e-mail from the club today saying because of Rye House folding last season & one meeting not taking place ,£17 will be knocked of next seasons renewal. So credit were credits due, because this hasn't happened before in past seasons.

• Like 5

I thought  I got a refund when Coventry dropped out before the season started. I seem to remember getting some cash back when I picked up the season ticket from the speedway bar at the start of the season.

3 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

And the third rider will be announced at the Supporters Club function on Saturday night - be interested to see who it is. With Scott & Connor already in place its not obvious if we are building a top heavy team or a strength in depth, either way its bloody hard building to 38 points. Who would want to be a team manager but at least ours appears to have a plan.

Could it be Josh Bates?

• Like 1

The announcement says the signing will be there saturday and I assume Ryan Douglas is still in Australia so probably not him.

10 hours ago, Lionsman66 said:

Gotta be bates if its being announced in a local pub

Hey! No sledging, please.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, stevethelion said:

Talking of season ticket holders getting a discount, had an e-mail from the club today saying because of Rye House folding last season & one meeting not taking place ,£17 will be knocked of next seasons renewal. So credit were credits due, because this hasn't happened before in past seasons.

certainly hasn't , when they failed to honour the refund for the kings lynn match that didn't get run , it costs them at least 2 season tickets that I know of .

• Like 1