British Speedway Forum
Shaggy

Leicester 2019

With the points limit imposed for next year I think that any team that can produce a decent points return from reserve berths will do well. Although only a few riders have been named so far, it seems that many teams are fielding a 2 pointer at reserve. Connor Mountain ought to be looking to clean up against such opposition. If we could accommodate Sarjeant at reserve, we really could do the business in this department. Get this pair's confidence up and the team will benefit from the extra rides they could take. A decent top end pair (Scotty will do nicely) would put is in a good position come heats 13 & 15 where we have come unstuck in recent times during matches where scores have been tight. I have a feeling that a big top two and strong reserves could be the way to approach team building for next year, the risk of course being choices for the middle order.

When it all goes pear shaped of course (mid May?) you can just change riders at will and see what happens!

On 11/23/2018 at 10:59 AM, Happy Hunter said:

Is he still a Lion's asset?

Yes as far as I know.

With this 38 point limit is it a case of needing to have 4 riders with starting averages under 5.5 in the team, to enable it to have a strong no.1 plus two other heat leaders?

I have heard of Stuart Dickson before but I can;t think where , has he been a team manager previously ?

29 minutes ago, adonis said:

I have heard of Stuart Dickson before but I can;t think where , has he been a team manager previously ?

ask Gazc on this forum. he will put you right !

He used to be promoter and owner and team manager of Glasgow, Stewart is a very astute team manager and knows the rules inside out, he is a very good tactician

19 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

He used to be promoter and owner and team manager of Glasgow, Stewart is a very astute team manager and knows the rules inside out, he is a very good tactician

And a great trackman 

• Like 1

Sounds like Leicester have a good man there .

11 minutes ago, adonis said:

You do 

1 hour ago, adonis said:

One of the best.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Ruining this thread as well buffoon 

Please don't hate on me just because Sheffield signed Drew Kemp. :-)