British Speedway Forum
Shaggy

Leicester 2019

Flamin' Nora, you've got a speedway team in existence to support, and you moan about nicknames. Yes i'm a Hawk and Hammer no more. Enjoy your live Speedway. 

• Like 3

On 11/30/2018 at 12:06 PM, GoldenGauntlet said:

Definitely won't be Leicester Cubs - there's a Twitter poll and the options are, err, Rapids, Sliders, Broncos, and Magic.

In that case it will be " Bikey McBikeface"

• Haha 3

I suggest a team name which provides an acknowledgement to Beaumont Park stadium having been built on top of a rubbish tip, or  Beaumont Leys former location as a sewage farm. Leicester Landfillers? Leicester Loggers?

Its looking quite likely now that all but 1 lions rider 2019 will be an English rider. Maybe thats so they have a better understanding of the accent from the new manager.  Joking apart though, I feel he'll get the best out the team then the rest is up to them. 

6 hours ago, Lionsman66 said:

Its looking quite likely now that all but 1 lions rider 2019 will be an English rider. Maybe thats so they have a better understanding of the accent from the new manager.  Joking apart though, I feel he'll get the best out the team then the rest is up to them. 

Not sure what your basing the nearly all English team on, but since the owner has now sorted his Sheffield team out, Lions supporters will hopefully soon find out what is left to actually come out of  the pipeline which the manager has previously said fans will be excited about. 

9 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

1. Scott Nicholls

2. Nathan Greaves

3. Josh Bates

4. Ryan Douglas

5. Ludvig Lindgren? Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen?

6. Connor Mountain

7. Jack Thomas

Clever signing by Leicester. Thomas @ 7 gives creates one of the strongest reserve pairings in the league.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

So with Josh Bates's average - is it confirmed if it will be reduced due to being out injured for a season? If so, and with Thomas having his aversge discounted, there could be scope for someone around 8 to come in to form a good spearhead with Scotty? Or a 7+ a 5? 

Whilst there is an opinion that we have a strong pairing at reserve, which is important, I feel that teams challenging for honours need a top two that can provide clout in heats 13  & 15. I would therefore hope that one of the remaining riders to be announced is a proven 7+ rider at this level.