British Speedway Forum
Shaggy

Leicester 2019

10 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Whilst there is an opinion that we have a strong pairing at reserve, which is important, I feel that teams challenging for honours need a top two that can provide clout in heats 13  & 15. I would therefore hope that one of the remaining riders to be announced is a proven 7+ rider at this level.

Richie Worrall has a very strong connection with the manager;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Whilst there is an opinion that we have a strong pairing at reserve, which is important, I feel that teams challenging for honours need a top two that can provide clout in heats 13  & 15. I would therefore hope that one of the remaining riders to be announced is a proven 7+ rider at this level.

Absolutely correct. Having good reserves means Lions beat other reserves, but there is no certainty that they will get similar outcomes v opposition riders from the main body of the team hence a big need to anchor the top end and another high 7+ points rider is a prerequisite otherwise it will be a struggle to consistently gain an overall points advantage out of the last four heats.

The difference between having a 2.00 rider(s) at reserve and a 4.00 rider at reserve will be very significant this year more than any other season also between winning and losing matches

52 minutes ago, SpeedwayNeutral said:

The difference between having a 2.00 rider(s) at reserve and a 4.00 rider at reserve will be very significant this year more than any other season also between winning and losing matches

Very much depends on the individual riders. There are 2.00ers who are very much on the up and 4.00ers who have stagnated at that level for years.

• Like 4

A “brand new signing” to be unveiled Thursday morning. Who can it be?

1 hour ago, Lionsman66 said:

Would Richie Worrall providethe clout needed at number5?

Ideally needs someone proven consistent points per match and a good gater capable of averaging at least 8.  But the 4-pointer to finish the team off won't be Sarjeant. (And this all presumes Bates  average will be reduced further). Is Dickson trying to put together a side that has echoes of 2011 Glasgow?

There's a scarcity of 4-4.5 point riders out there, and they'd need one of those to ensure that Mountain starts the season at reserve and have anything approaching a strong No.2.

Nathan Greaves is the only one I can see, after Sarjeant being confirmed by Glasgow, or dare I say Simon Lambert.

5-6 average it looks like a few more to choose from - but that would mean another at 6-6.5 to complete the side. 

Confirmed as Ritchie Worrall. Good signing I think. 

• Haha 1

I agree, big average though. Doesn’t leave much to play with

1 hour ago, Mr Bump said:

I agree, big average though. Doesn’t leave much to play with

What do we have left? 

According to the Speedway GB website Worrell's average is 8.00. Based on that we have 3.38 left for the last rider. Connor Mountain's average is 3.57 who we were led to believe by the team manager would be one of the strongest reserves in the league. With only 3.38 left he would not be riding at reserve. Am I missing something?

8 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

According to the Speedway GB website Worrell's average is 8.00. Based on that we have 3.38 left for the last rider. Connor Mountain's average is 3.57 who we were led to believe by the team manager would be one of the strongest reserves in the league. With only 3.38 left he would not be riding at reserve. Am I missing something?

Bates reduction? British riders 2.5% redcution?

28 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

What do we have left? 

IF Bates is 5.88 as posted somewhere....he would have 4.47 left including a Brit discount, or 4.37 for non Brit. But who is there? Greaves, Lambert, Perks.

If Bates is 6.48 though, that comes down to 3.67 left. 

So I hope he has something clever in store. Like Jason Crump on 4.00

• Haha 1