British Speedway Forum
Shaggy

Leicester 2019

News on Lions twitter says that they hope to conclude the team within the next 72 hours as an issue has developed with their intended rider which they hope to resolve.

On 12/1/2018 at 9:03 PM, Big Al said:

I suggest a team name which provides an acknowledgement to Beaumont Park stadium having been built on top of a rubbish tip, or  Beaumont Leys former location as a sewage farm. Leicester Landfillers? Leicester Loggers?

leicester wasn't built on a rubbish tip ,  Hemsley imported the rubbish tip @£35 a load to pay for the place

1 hour ago, adonis said:

leicester wasn't built on a rubbish tip ,  Hemsley imported the rubbish tip @£35 a load to pay for the place

I thought the stadium was built on top of a sealed landfill, and Hemsley's rubble used to build up the land surrounding the stadium. There were rumours that the landfill seal was broken (illegally) when the track drainage tanks were installed - but I must stress they are rumours

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevethelion said:

News on Lions twitter says that they hope to conclude the team within the next 72 hours as an issue has developed with their intended rider which they hope to resolve.

Does the 2.5% reduction apply to Scott Nicholls? I've been presuming it doesn't because I don't think he was ever in the CL or NL. Or maybe he was?

But confusion seems to be reigning over whether the 2.5% reduction eligibility is for that, or if it's given just for being British.

If his average is reducable by 2.5%, that would give an extra 0.21 to the points left for rider 7. Maybe they are trying to get Jan Graversen in - but I think he'd need the CL/NL reduction in addition to Scott's Brit reduction!! 

12 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Does the 2.5% reduction apply to Scott Nicholls? I've been presuming it doesn't because I don't think he was ever in the CL or NL. Or maybe he was?

But confusion seems to be reigning over whether the 2.5% reduction eligibility is for that, or if it's given just for being British.

If his average is reducable by 2.5%, that would give an extra 0.21 to the points left for rider 7. Maybe they are trying to get Jan Graversen in - but I think he'd need the CL/NL reduction in addition to Scott's Brit reduction!! 

Still to be clarified but would seem illogical if it didnt apply to Scott but did to Schlein for example (who may qualify under the criteria in the agm statement)

Scott had a short time in the 2nd tier at the start but never in the 3rd

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

Could be that or could be they are trying to get a reduction on Josh Bates average after missing a year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stevethelion said:

Could be that or could be they are trying to get a reduction on Josh Bates average after missing a year.

I maybe wrong, but I’m sure you only get a reduction for a full seasons absence if was due to a “ Speedway injury “  and not any other, for example, sledging  :nono:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Heedthebaw said:

I maybe wrong, but I’m sure you only get a reduction for a full seasons absence if was due to a “ Speedway injury “  and not any other, for example, sledging  :nono:

Well that would make some sense, both in terms of the eligibility for a reduction and the apparent hitch  in the team building. If they have come up against a problem with the rulebook it could cause a re-think about the middle of the team because I wouldn't expect Nicholls, Worrall, Mountain and Thomas to be changed. 

2 hours ago, Woz01 said:

Leicester sign Ellis Perks for both sides.

Overall, happy with the Lions side for next season, a few riders with things to prove and the scope to improve their average.

Fingers crossed its good enough to get us into the playoffs.

2 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

Overall, happy with the Lions side for next season, a few riders with things to prove and the scope to improve their average.

Fingers crossed its good enough to get us into the playoffs.

Fair enough it looks like Perks was moving ahead in 2017 but somehow things went a bit wrong so hope he can get back on course. Can't be definite but did Rye House muck him about a bit (not sure when it was). This probably means the Bates injuryy reduction was a red herring, and they are honouring the deal with Douglas.