British Speedway Forum
Shaggy

Leicester 2019

On 12/22/2018 at 11:20 AM, TheMightyPirate said:

Leicester should be challenging for silverware next season. 

I agree, the three of Perks Mountain and Thomas between them have good experience at the level required and if you stack them against other teams' lowest 3 they do seem stronger, and the double spearhead has plenty of scoring ability to let the middle two have some "license to thrill"! 

If Scott Nicholas can emulate the job Joe Screen very ably did for Stewart Dickson at Glasgow, it should go well. At last.

On 12/24/2018 at 1:26 PM, Big Al said:

If Scott Nicholas can emulate the job Joe Screen very ably did for Stewart Dickson at Glasgow, it should go well. At last.

The first full season in 2011 we won the league. The second season he was on a rapid decline and the third was plain awful.

Reading Speedway Star this week Stewart is quoted as saying he will only be able to help with the track on match days. That should be to everyones benefit though the track guy will have to stand up for himself if results dont go to plan and SD demands knee deep tracks only a select few can ride, as he has done so often previously.

5 hours ago, MD said:

The first full season in 2011 we won the league. The second season he was on a rapid decline and the third was plain awful.

Reading Speedway Star this week Stewart is quoted as saying he will only be able to help with the track on match days. That should be to everyones benefit though the track guy will have to stand up for himself if results dont go to plan and SD demands knee deep tracks only a select few can ride, as he has done so often previously.

Yes, I should have added "in 2011" 

I notice from the BSPA web site that Danny King put in some practice laps at Leicester recently. Does anyone know when the latest round of track alterations at Beaumont Park are likely to take place? 17th March is not too far off!

17th March cannot come too quickly for me. I cannot wait and have the added bonus of being able to bring my dog to the stadium (the 4 legged one)  not to mention Scott Nicholls :D. Have had a couple of years in the ''speedway'' doldrums with work commitments and fixed race nights not to mention the grieving over Coventry closing (I appreciate this sounds a tad dramatic but it made me very sad ). Onwards and upwards! See you There Gemini x

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 2:23 PM, Happy Hunter said:

I notice from the BSPA web site that Danny King put in some practice laps at Leicester recently. Does anyone know when the latest round of track alterations at Beaumont Park are likely to take place? 17th March is not too far off!

Are there going to be any more? I thought what has been done to the bends in the past is all that's going to be done.

On 1/12/2019 at 7:56 PM, fliss44 said:

Onwards and upwards! See you There Gemini x

Looking forward to seeing you both and Lenny. 

Does anyone know If the race format will still be the same? I still have printed blank programmes from last year to use!

Just now, Lionsman66 said:

Does anyone know If the race format will still be the same? I still have printed blank programmes from last year to use!

I have seen or heard nothing to say that it wont so I guess you will be ok.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionsman66 said:

why dont you just buy your programmes on the match day and save the ink ?

22 minutes ago, jenga said:

why dont you just buy your programmes on the match day and save the ink ?

Maybe they will save the ink and, use up some of the lead in their pencils they need to get rid of ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You will have to wait until the 2019 Regulations are published to find out if there are any changes. Why don't you just print off one for each meeting? I have one on an Excel spreadsheet where I just fill the rider's names in in the rider's score chart and they then automatically appear in the heats.

Edited by Happy Hunter
  • Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:10 PM, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe they will save the ink and, use up some of the lead in their pencils they need to get rid of ;)

It's o/k having plenty of lead in you're pencil as long as you've got someone to write too , and you can always use the cats arSe if you need to sharpen you're pencil

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

It's o/k having plenty of lead in you're pencil as long as you've got someone to write too , and you can always use the cats arSe if you need to sharpen you're pencil

Not sure if the cat would be too happy about that, maybe test it with a crayon first.