British Speedway Forum
Shaggy

Leicester 2019

After seeing most of the Lions on track yesterday I am hopeful of a successful season if (for once) we can stay injury free.

Have to say that Josh Bates is beginning to cause me some concern. Yesterday at Ipswich he didn't look fully able to control the bike and there was a comment by Tatum (I think) about him not walking properly. Have his falls so far this season caused his back injury to re-emerge? He began the season in such fine style but its  looking as if things might not be so good now. If the injury is causing problems again, surely its a matter of time before he needs to go back to rehab? Let's hope that isn't the case and that his recent misadventures are a blip, and that more track time, with Peterborough, will be a help rather than a hindrance.

9 hours ago, Big Al said:

Have to say that Josh Bates is beginning to cause me some concern. Yesterday at Ipswich he didn't look fully able to control the bike and there was a comment by Tatum (I think) about him not walking properly. Have his falls so far this season caused his back injury to re-emerge? He began the season in such fine style but its  looking as if things might not be so good now. If the injury is causing problems again, surely its a matter of time before he needs to go back to rehab? Let's hope that isn't the case and that his recent misadventures are a blip, and that more track time, with Peterborough, will be a help rather than a hindrance.

He didn’t look in ANY CONTROL at Edinburgh on Friday ,he will always be injury prone the way he rides, feel sorry for his opponents.An accident waiting to happen IMO.

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He didn’t look in ANY CONTROL at Edinburgh on Friday ,he will always be injury prone the way he rides, feel sorry for his opponents.An accident waiting to happen IMO.

If all riders were in CONTROL of their bikes, there wouldn't be many crashes.

• Confused 1

If the walls in the pits weren't concrete, then JB would have even fewer injuries ! :t:

Got a feeling that Josh may be sidelined again for some time. If so should a replacement rider be brought in.

42 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Got a feeling that Josh may be sidelined again for some time. If so should a replacement rider be brought in.

I wouldn't be at all surprised. He needs to prioritise looking after his health for the longer term.

Supposed to be riding on Sunday against Berwick?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

In the press release for last weekend's matches it said he wouldn't ride for Lions on Saturday ( against Edinburgh) because he was track reserve for the GP qualifier , but would return for the Lions  match at Sheffield, he in the end did neither, but that would suggest he can't be far off returning.

Josh as tweeted that he's ready to return after resting his injured hand & will be back on his bike this week( weather permitting).

Edited by stevethelion

23 hours ago, stevethelion said:

In the press release for last weekend's matches it said he wouldn't ride for Lions on Saturday ( against Edinburgh) because he was track reserve for the GP qualifier , but would return for the Lions  match at Sheffield, he in the end did neither, but that would suggest he can't be far off returning.

Josh as tweeted that he's ready to return after resting his injured hand & will be back on his bike this week( weather permitting).

Good, as long as he stays on it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

If he has had a poorly hand why has he been in the dustbin? https://twitter.com/josh96bates?lang=en (see group of photos at left hand side of account) . I thought he had hurt his back.

From pictures of the crash it looked like he landed more on his upper back, so hopefully no damage to his previous back injury if that was the case. 

Hand injury? Maybe he's had another fight with a cinder block wall somewhere. Never a dull moment....