Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Shaggy

Leicester 2019

3 hours ago, crescent girl said:

I don't think Mr Dickson came up the Clyde on a banana boat!      

Pavlova won't have been added to Leicester's 1-7 yet, and Josh Bates will be in the programmes over the weekend (with r/r in operation).

Spot on, Lions website now shows the team for Glasgow away. Harris guests , Bates still included & R/R for him. Doesn't mention the team for Saturday yet, but surely would be stronger to use the R/R facility for Worrall & guest for Bates, with the added 5%, anyone up to 7.35 , which could be someone like Howarth, Heeps or NBJ.

29 minutes ago, stevethelion said:

Spot on, Lions website now shows the team for Glasgow away. Harris guests , Bates still included & R/R for him. Doesn't mention the team for Saturday yet, but surely would be stronger to use the R/R facility for Worrall & guest for Bates, with the added 5%, anyone up to 7.35 , which could be someone like Howarth, Heeps or NBJ.

Try Aaron Summers for Worrall

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Try Aaron Summers for Worrall

Ok , seems weaker that way round, but was probably booked before Bates was injured.

2 hours ago, stevethelion said:

... and does it say Pavlova?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

So I was right, you can't get r/r for a rider that hasn't ridden for you. By the way, calling Victor pavlova isn't funny anymore (not sure it was in the first place) and is the sort of thing a lazy 'journalist' would do 

you can and it was done by newcastle a few years ago . just when you thought you knew it all . along came that rule .. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

By the way, calling Victor pavlova isn't funny anymore

Quite right. Pavlova is a meringue-based dessert named after the Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova. Whereas Palovaara is a hill in Finland.

Alright, I'll get my coat.

• Haha 1

Guest Loose Diamond
43 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Quite right. Pavlova is a meringue-based dessert named after the Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova. Whereas Palovaara is a hill in Finland.

Ok.

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

You need a coat in this weather?

9 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

By the way, calling Victor pavlova isn't funny anymore (not sure it was in the first place) and is the sort of thing a lazy 'journalist' would do 

How about, 'Palomino', with a yellowy-white mane and might have a decent gait ?

• Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:30 AM, SharpenRake said:

I thought you couldn't get a guest for a rider that hasn't ridden for you 

Wolves used RR to cover Nick Morris Who had not ridden for them. 

The rules are clear.

You can't have a facility for a rider who has not yet ridden.

However you can have a special dispensation (as was the case in the examples of Newcastle and Nick Morris quoted above).

But the circumstances that apply in those two cases do not apply here and can be easily and clearly distinguished.

When signed the rider was fit and available to ride.

In this instance Palovaara was not available to ride in Saturday's fixture at the time of signing 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, arnieg said:

The rules are clear.

You can't have a facility for a rider who has not yet ridden.

However you can have a special dispensation (as was the case in the examples of Newcastle and Nick Morris quoted above).

But the circumstances that apply in those two cases do not apply here and can be easily and clearly distinguished.

When signed the rider was fit and available to ride.

In this instance Palovaara was not available to ride in Saturday's fixture at the time of signing 

The rules are clear as mud.You just add ‘“in the best interest of the sport” on to the end of each.

• Like 2

Can I just say welcome to Victor? We hope you settle into your new home and make an ongoing contribution to Leicester's run to the title.

• Like 1

Dodgy weather forecast for tonight's meeting.

Edit just seen its off

Edited by SharpenRake