British Speedway Forum
Shaggy

Leicester 2019

14 hours ago, stevethelion said:

if I remember correctly, but since then 3 Saturday meetings have been rained off, leaving just 3 league meetings on Saturday's so far, 2 of these were re-arranged for different days, with 1 still to be arranged. Sundays & weekdays always seem to attract smaller crowds.

Weren't a couple of them called off based on forecasts for rain that never showed?

9 hours ago, mac101 said:

Leicester have 3 tractors but only one that can pull the bowser because of the weigh it needs to pull ,these tractors are normally very reliable even being old as there’s not much that can go wrong with them apart from the fuel pump which happened to go on Saturday but with the help from a few mechanics managed to get it running again which took 30 minutes would people rather have been happy with the meeting called off because of it or wait 30 mins and it’s on 

Er... a meeting was called of because of it

56 minutes ago, iainb said:

Weren't a couple of them called off based on forecasts for rain that never showed?

Which meeting? If you mean the cubs match, that would never have finished if they had managed to start it earlier.

16 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

Which meeting? If you mean the cubs match, that would never have finished if they had managed to start it earlier.

and there I think we'll agree to differ

Maybe have started but would have really struggled to get to ht 10 for a result the second meeting only just got into the pits when it started to rain and by the time we would have done our bike warm up  the rain was too heavy and track was waterlogged 

18 hours ago, iainb said:

I've not got all the answers, I don't run a club and have no experience of running a club. What I do know from working in various businesses over the years is that they have disaster recovery plans for when business critical incidents happen... I don't know, can you cover a tractor with the AA or RAC, may sound like a silly question, but can you? Or have a local mechanic on call on race nights, tracks seem to have an electrician.

The Redcar match wasn't the final straw for me... I've been going to Speedway for over 40 years now and (unfortunately) I'm well used to such fiasco's. I really want to see the club and sport succeed and I'll be there again this Saturday. But they have no hope attracting and keeping support with some of the things that happen... all too often.

Get Glyn Taylor back. He used to be able to fix pretty much anything.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Just the 1 against Newcastle, when the rain arrived later than forecast, but the temperature was about 8 degrees with a gale force wind blowing. It was re-arranged the next day when the weather was better, a very sensible decision at the time.

Edited by stevethelion
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, stevethelion said:

Just the 1 against Newcastle, when the rain arrived later than forecast, but the temperature was about 8 degrees with a gale force wind blowing. It was re-arranged the next day when the weather was better, a very sensible decision at the time.

Ah yes, I remember... that's when the crowd didn't turn up

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Ah yes, I remember... that's when the crowd didn't turn up

Agreed, but more than would have turned up in the conditions that prevailed the evening before!

2 hours ago, stevethelion said:

Agreed, but more than would have turned up in the conditions that prevailed the evening before!

That's just supposition... we'll never know

Looking forward to the showdown when Glasgow come to Lions den on the 17th for the rearranged rain of fixture!! 

Who's the stand-in for Worrall on Saturday? New British Champ possible if he's avsilable? Maybe need to try and avoid giving Somerset and Eastbourne riders any more track time at BP from now.

2 hours ago, Big Al said:

Who's the stand-in for Worrall on Saturday? New British Champ possible if he's avsilable? Maybe need to try and avoid giving Somerset and Eastbourne riders any more track time at BP from now.

Chris Harris.

with barely 3 hrs of dry weather from 4 /5 o'clock is this meeting in any danger of being called off ?

Edited by gee jay

There was a lot of rain yesterday & overnight but it is windy which should help to dry the track & supposed to be light rain this afternoon then dry and sunny from 4pm - I'm ever the optimist so will still plan my day to go - but don't have far to travel

Wrong thread sorry.

Edited by Gazc