British Speedway Forum
Shaggy

Leicester 2019

5 hours ago, Gazc said:

Wrong thread sorry.

Don't let that stop you. There's lots of postings on here that have nothing to do with the thread they're on.

Oh bu**er, now I've added to the problem.

I'll get my coat.

Decision time fast approaching with the return of RW, from what I think he said last month?

In the perfect world he will get straight back into the scoring groove but that can't be presumed and even more tricky with him having to return at No.1. But he's also going to need track time, so the two home matches v Gla and Som, plus two away, and Poole matches would be important for him to get that track time ahead of playoffs/finals in September. Trying to come back straight into playoffs & finals wouldnt be too good. 

Thought Poole were looking at options to replace RW not long ago. The 28th will soon be upon us if a permanent change rather than using the guest option.

Leicester will find it difficult to win the league title with the current team because Ryan Proctor is not competitive and Joe Lawler although  trying very hard is not scoring.

4 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Leicester will find it difficult to win the league title with the current team because Ryan Proctor is not competitive and Joe Lawler although  trying very hard is not scoring.

In something of a straightjacket though for making multiple changes by the 28th - would need to shed 2 or 3 points from the team average, unless individual changes are made. I can't see any option except to carry on with Lawlor, Proctor may need to be replaced but how easy is finding someone suitable by then, and the Worrall situation has to be resolved too but the longer that goes on, the more it seems like he will be returning otherwise I can't see it being anything different to carry on with guests. At least he would have plenty of Poole matches coming up if he returns at end of this month. So I can't see them making any change. Someone was practicing up at BP this morning by the sound of it. 

Remove Proctor use a point and I would try get Daynon Hume in at reserve and see who we can get with the points that are left 

45 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Remove Proctor use a point and I would try get Daynon Hume in at reserve and see who we can get with the points that are left 

The problem is Lions are currently 43.38, which is  3.38 pts over the limit, so to make 2 changes that aren't like for like they would have to re-declare at the 40 pt limit. To do as you suggest ,presume you mean Hume(3.27) for Lawlor at reserve & then replace Proctor, would only leave 1.87 for the rider to replace Proctor, which can't be done as the lowest average possible is 2.00. So looks like they're stuck with Proctor unless they have a new rider lined up. The new averages are out in a few days & come into effect on Sept .1st,  I don't know what that means in terms of possible changes, but no way will they be in a position to re-declare at 40 pts. it will leave them far to weak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even though his record of winning heat 1 when at No.1 this season probably hasnt been all that great, I think Leicester needs Scott Nicholls to get back there from a team point of view. Hopefully the upcoming new averages will bring that about, although it might be a bit tight. If it does, it should ensure he's also there for the playoffs. The lack of a nailed-on winner of heat 1 is putting more pressure on Connor Mountain to deliver a win in heat 2, but too many second places, including behind riders he should be beating in that heat. So that turns up the pressure on heats 3 and 4, and wheras in the early season Leicester were getting great starts to matches, they aren't doing that as much now and there's been too much need to use an early TS.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:48 PM, Big Al said:

In something of a straightjacket though for making multiple changes by the 28th - would need to shed 2 or 3 points from the team average, unless individual changes are made. I can't see any option except to carry on with Lawlor, Proctor may need to be replaced but how easy is finding someone suitable by then, and the Worrall situation has to be resolved too but the longer that goes on, the more it seems like he will be returning otherwise I can't see it being anything different to carry on with guests. At least he would have plenty of Poole matches coming up if he returns at end of this month. So I can't see them making any change. Someone was practicing up at BP this morning by the sound of it. 

You should have gone for Proctors replacement at Sheffield, Sedgeman, he has been a revelation, even beating Cook on Sunday

Guest Loose Diamond
3 hours ago, The Third Man said:

You should have gone for Proctors replacement at Sheffield, Sedgeman, he has been a revelation, even beating Cook on Sunday

Hello. I'm sorry for this and I know it has nothing to do with this post but is your profile photo Bob Paulson?

On 8/20/2019 at 5:39 PM, mac101 said:

Looks like the first part has happened, r/r at Brum tonight.

4 hours ago, MD said:

Looks like the first part has happened, r/r at Brum tonight.

Sure I read that he was injured which is rather unfortunate after being dropped by Sheffield :(

By my reckoning (i.e. I'm not discounting the possibility I may have overlooked a result somewhere) last night was Lions biggest away win since Sheffield in 1980 [50-28]. A result they also managed at Coventry :D in 1974.

Not since 1951 have Leicester [Hunters] won by more than 22 points away - a 61-23 annihilation of Cradley.

• Like 1

If my calculations are correct the Lions are now guaranteed a place in the play offs. To finish top Lions need maximum points from their 2 remaining matches and hope that Glasgow, Somerset and Redcar slip up.

Edited by Happy Hunter
Clarification

22 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Hello. I'm sorry for this and I know it has nothing to do with this post but is your profile photo Bob Paulson?

Yes it is