British Speedway Forum
Shaggy

Leicester 2019

4 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

If my calculations are correct the Lions are now guaranteed a place in the play offs. To finish top Lions need maximum points from their 2 remaining matches and hope that Glasgow, Somerset and Redcar slip up.

The most points Leicester can now get is 50. -     

Glasgow have 6 meetings to go and currently have 36 points, so even if they only get 3 points from each of their remaining away meeting and win all home,  they will end up with 54 points. 

uu.png.a59a1ef423115fc015d6e95417dbb7e1.png

Edited by justathought

51 minutes ago, justathought said:

The most points Leicester can now get is 50. -     

Glasgow have 6 meetings to go and currently have 36 points, so even if they only get 3 points from each of their remaining away meeting and win all home,  they will end up with 54 points. 

uu.png.a59a1ef423115fc015d6e95417dbb7e1.png

Glasgow can get a maximum of 56 points, Somerset 48 and Redcar 50 so all could get more than the Lions. The maximum the other teams can get are all below the Lions current 43.

15 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Glasgow can get a maximum of 56 points, Somerset 48 and Redcar 50 so all could get more than the Lions. The maximum the other teams can get are all below the Lions current 43.

Currently on +/- (away points won less home points lost) Glasgow are +18, Leicester +16, Redcar +8 & Somerset are on +6. So as it stands it looks like the race for the top position is only between Glasgow & Leicester. A more than 6 point win by Somerset tomorrow at Leicester could change things  though.

The problem Glasgow has is trying to get all home matches completed before the playoffs and also they have to win them! No match this weekend and the forecast for next week is rain. Without Paul Starke we look vulnerable particularly as we now have 4 young lads in the team. Sam Jensens last bend fall could be crucial as the Tigers would have won the match against the lions and we would be 2 points better of and the lions 3 points worse off. The crucial thing is whether ty Proctor is able to come back after his recent injury and whether Worrall is able to make a comeback. 

56 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

The problem Glasgow has is trying to get all home matches completed before the playoffs and also they have to win them! No match this weekend and the forecast for next week is rain. Without Paul Starke we look vulnerable particularly as we now have 4 young lads in the team. Sam Jensens last bend fall could be crucial as the Tigers would have won the match against the lions and we would be 2 points better of and the lions 3 points worse off. The crucial thing is whether ty Proctor is able to come back after his recent injury and whether Worrall is able to make a comeback. 

It’s hard believe with only 11 teams in league ,that there is a struggle to complete league fixtures before cut -off.Needs a radical rethink.IMO

2 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

The new Jensen impressed by the way he rode at Leicester though. He was under pressure from Ryan Douglas, and bend 4 catches out riders because you run out of track very quickly, it's happened a fair bit especially with riders who are less familiar and it only needs a second of lapse in concentration. For what it's worth in that race I thought that Connor Mountain had got past the other Glasgow rider (can't recall who) to take second place and was surprised when the ref only gave him third. Maybe her attention had been distracted by Jensen's crash. When do the playoffs start? Is it October? If so, that gives Worrall and Proctor decent chance of getting fit by then. We "just" have the Shield final to focus on, in September hopefully.

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s hard believe with only 11 teams in league ,that there is a struggle to complete league fixtures before cut -off.Needs a radical rethink.IMO

In Glasgow case need a roof :D

9 minutes ago, Big Al said:

I thought that Connor Mountain had got past the other Glasgow rider (can't recall who) to take second place

It was Connor Bailey. And I thought Connor Mountain was well in front at the finish line.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, False dawn said:

It was Connor Bailey. And I thought Connor Mountain was well in front at the finish line.

I was sat in the front row of the stand and couldn't tell who had got up on the line , so nobody was well in front 

27 minutes ago, Paulco said:

I was sat in the front row of the stand and couldn't tell who had got up on the line , so nobody was well in front 

Fair play. I was about 15 yards in front of the finish line and accept that errors due to parallax come into play.

Perhaps we need VAR...... God forbid.

55 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Fair play. I was about 15 yards in front of the finish line and accept that errors due to parallax come into play.

Perhaps we need VAR...... God forbid.

As a professional sport there should be facility for an official 'photo finish' or transponders

• Like 1

Programme notes by Dickson yesterday included a section about Ty Proctor. Interesting that he chose to "go public" and attribute high importance to Lions chances of success, to solving the puzzle that Proctor seems to be. His decisive first bend move to get in front of Schlein in heat 3 was world-class, and in hindsight it had a big influence on the match.  But we also had a case of tailed-off Ty later-on albeit when the match was effectively over. He does seem to dance to a bit of a different tune, so the issue for Dicko could be one of how much slack does he cut Ty in that respect, and how much and often he kicks him up the backside to come more in-line. I wonder if getting him a Leicester race-suit sorted out asap might help a bit?

On 8/24/2019 at 10:11 AM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

As a professional sport there should be facility for an official 'photo finish' or transponders

Its a semi professional sport. Some teams can barely pay their riders.

On 8/24/2019 at 10:11 AM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Most of the stadiums that also have Stock Car racing already have the loops under the track for the transponders with each formula having strick rules where the transponder must be mounted. As an example F2 Stock Car results from Mildenhall last night are on the Speedhive siteso you can see exactly who passed who and when in each race. Each driver has their own transponder and is responsible for ensuring it is working. I am sure Speedway riders could easily do exactly the same.

• Like 3