British Speedway Forum
Shaggy

Leicester 2019

17 hours ago, HGould said:

Glasgow have to factor in Cook ban too!

If he does get banned before the end of this season Glasgow won't suffer will they when they can bring in someone like Sam Masters.

3 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

If he does get banned before the end of this season Glasgow won't suffer will they when they can bring in someone like Sam Masters.

When available!

Personally. I'd rather face Glasgow without Craig (even with a guest) than with him.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 9:15 AM, False dawn said:

Fair play. I was about 15 yards in front of the finish line and accept that errors due to parallax come into play.

Perhaps we need VAR...... God forbid.

From where I was stood Mountain got second by about 10cm (And I have a very good view of the start line).

• Like 2

I have been told today that Drew Kemp had been practising at Leicester today & looks set to sign for Leicester to replace Joe Lawlor in a double change that will see a lower average rider come into replace Richie Worrall

Drew might have been practising but if this is just your view on a double change, I can not see it happening.

I am sure I have seen it somewhere where a guy, in the know of most rules, pointed out to other posters that if you make a double change & your team is over the limit then you have to re-declare to the top limit.

As you stand at 43.8 & Worrall & Lawlor come in at 10.25 that would drop you to 6.45 for the change. As Kemp is on 4.19 your other rider would have to be 2.26 or less. Your guest & Lawlor have been getting about 10 points per meeting. Would Kemp & A N Other get these points? NO!

Therefore, I very much doubt you will be making the changes that you have suggested.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Drew might have been practising but if this is just your view on a double change, I can not see it happening.

I am sure I have seen it somewhere where a guy, in the know of most rules, pointed out to other posters that if you make a double change & your team is over the limit then you have to re-declare to the top limit.

As you stand at 43.8 & Worrall & Lawlor come in at 10.25 that would drop you to 6.45 for the change. As Kemp is on 4.19 your other rider would have to be 2.26 or less. Your guest & Lawlor have been getting about 10 points per meeting. Would Kemp & A N Other get these points? NO!

Therefore, I very much doubt you will be making the changes that you have suggested.

I think you're spot on, you can't just add the 2 riders averages together that you are replacing & replace them with 2 different riders. You can only replace like for like , if you're making a double change both riders need to average the same or less than those they're replacing, if not you would have to re-declare at the points limit & as you say Lions are 3.80 over, so no way are they in a position to re-declare at the 40 pt. limit, it would make them far too weak. Like you say might have been practising today but I'd say highly unlikely he's coming to Leicester.

Don;t Poultec and No Limits use Leicester for Practise Days on a regular basis.

It's daft to think Leicester would unnecessarily reduce to 40 point from 43 plus.....

Berwick ; Newcastle or Eastbourne far more likely. Or maybe he will go to a PL side and ride PL and NDL

• Like 1

Leicester have got to make sure  that they position the team to have the best chance in the play offs and the Shield final. Sometimes decisions have to be made which may not be popular with all fans. But be assured Stewart and the Bates family know how important this end of season is to the club and it’s fans.

26 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Leicester have got to make sure  that they position the team to have the best chance in the play offs and the Shield final. Sometimes decisions have to be made which may not be popular with all fans. But be assured Stewart and the Bates family know how important this end of season is to the club and it’s fans.

Goodness me. What does that mean? Plans afoot to strengthen by weakening. Proctor and Worrall out and Kemp and someone in? Luke Becker perhaps?

Kemp has been very quiet since his “sacking” by Sheffield so maybe he knows something that we don’t. I feel really sorry for the loyal Sheffield supporters being thrown on the bonfire of the vanities that seems to be running Leicester. They deserve better and hopefully will get better once the current ruling clique is out of the way. 

Once there are the same promotion at several clubs I spose this is going to be commonplace 

As predictable as it would be if Kemp signed for Leicester, there must be some action from the BSPA to stop this type of thing in future. 

We thought the relegation playoff was bad, it's only getting worse!

Guest Loose Diamond
5 minutes ago, JCookie said:

As predictable as it would be if Kemp signed for Leicester, there must be some action from the BSPA to stop this type of thing in future. 

We thought the relegation playoff was bad, it's only getting worse!

Yes.

If R.Worrall does resume, at least he won't have to do it as No.1 because Scott Nicholls has moved his average up to just above him from Sunday. 

BUT with Poole having just decided to replace him with THJ, Richie would not now get the benefit of riding several matches for them, before the Shield final, which would now be his comeback matches, and after those, straight to the playoffs. 

From a decision making point of view for the club, his consultant appointment date being Friday is not exactly very helpful. But as of now, with the deadline either passed or almost passed, no announcements about a replacement, either. 

It's a cliffhanger...…...:(