British Speedway Forum
Shaggy

Leicester 2019

17 minutes ago, HGould said:

doubt Eastie can have a Guest Sunday as World Team Long Track is on Saturday night - so Kennett will probably ride Sunday.

You get 24 hours either side for FIM I’m sure

On 9/11/2019 at 4:38 AM, Elmo said:

Narrows it down to Edinburgh & Redcar then as Glasgow & Sheffield also meet on Saturday.

The only ones that look a good fit average wise are Wells (injured?), Heeps, Pickering & Palm-Toft (injured?) so I know what my guess would be.

Better make sure my euromillions ticket is in place lol

33 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

You get 24 hours either side for FIM I’m sure

Yes, but they cant use any of the somerset  3 which im sure they would coz kennetts av is below all 3

Stuart Dickson has announced that Richard Lawson is to replace Richie Worrall in the play offs against Redcar. Presumably this is only at Redcar as Eastbourne are also riding on the same night as the Leicester's home  match.

40 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Stuart Dickson has announced that Richard Lawson is to replace Richie Worrall in the play offs against Redcar. Presumably this is only at Redcar as Eastbourne are also riding on the same night as the Leicester's home  match.

The way it was announced it seemed for both legs, but as you correctly say Eastbourne are riding the same night as the home leg. I'd quickly ask Steve Worrall before Redcar grab him to replace MPT, although might be too late already. If they get Worrall for MPT & Nicol to replace Greaves, they'll definitely be stronger.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 11:01 AM, stevethelion said:

The way it was announced it seemed for both legs, but as you correctly say Eastbourne are riding the same night as the home leg. I'd quickly ask Steve Worrall before Redcar grab him to replace MPT, although might be too late already. If they get Worrall for MPT & Nicol to replace Greaves, they'll definitely be stronger.

Small item in today's SS, states that S. Worrall is booked for the second leg by Leicester.

• Like 1

Good luck to Scott & Ryan for tonight's Championship Pairs meeting at Somerset. Hope Scotty has managed to instill some extra power in his bikes as this season he has appeared to be short of the stuff on larger fast tracks which must be frustrating for the skipper but that's what's needed at the OTA. 

12 hours ago, Big Al said:

Small item in today's SS, states that S. Worrall is booked for the second leg by Leicester.

Redcar won't now be able to use him in their home leg either, because Newcastle are now at Edinburgh in a re-arranged fixture. So I imagine it could be Adam Ellis or Jake Allen.

1 hour ago, stevethelion said:

Redcar won't now be able to use him in their home leg either, because Newcastle are now at Edinburgh in a re-arranged fixture. So I imagine it could be Adam Ellis or Jake Allen.

Jake Allen in both legs sounds like a good option to replace MPT to me. With him plus Broc Nichol in for Nathan Greaves don't think The Bears will be weakened. Watch out The Lions. The Bears may have been knocked down losing 3 riders to injury last weekend but they are far from out. You may regret your choice of opponents........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slyfox said:

Jake Allen in both legs sounds like a good option to replace MPT to me. With him plus Broc Nichol in for Nathan Greaves don't think The Bears will be weakened. Watch out The Lions. The Bears may have been knocked down losing 3 riders to injury last weekend but they are far from out. You may regret your choice of opponents........

Definitely think the Bears will be stronger, just by having Nichol at reserve. With ex Lions men Wright & Riss they will certainly be strong at Leicester, both ride the track excellently. Wright looked the best visiting rider i've seen all season, in the league match that was cut short when the curfew was reached. If it gets close towards the end Redcar will certainly have strength in heats 13 & 15. 

Definitely think the Bears will be stronger, just by having Nichol at reserve. With ex Lions men Wright & Riss they will certainly be strong at Leicester, both ride the track excellently. Wright looked the best visiting rider i've seen all season, in the league match that was cut short when the curfew was reached. If it gets close towards the end Redcar will certainly have strength in heats 13 & 15. 

I understand that  Leicester let the team pick the opposition. May not be the best idea as they may know which tracks they ride well but not necessarily the ones that other riders do well at. 

Edited by slyfox

38 minutes ago, slyfox said:

I understand that  Leicester let the team pick the opposition. May not be the best idea as they may know which tracks they ride well but not necessarily the ones that other riders do well at. 

Can see your point, but what Stewart Dickson said, when interviewed before the last meeting, was he'd narrowed it down to a choice of 2 opponents( didn't say which 2), & would discuss it with the riders to get their opinions, but ultimately the final decision was his.

Can see your point, but what Stewart Dickson said, when interviewed before the last meeting, was he'd narrowed it down to a choice of 2 opponents( didn't say which 2), & would discuss it with the riders to get their opinions, but ultimately the final decision was his.

Said afterwards that it had been between Somerset & Redcar & he put it to the riders who would they like.

• Like 1