British Speedway Forum
Shaggy

Leicester 2019

6 minutes ago, mac101 said:

It’s a Bit like Leicester doing the same for sarj at the start of the year buy him or your not using him 

Sorry are you saying Leicester wouldn't let us use Sarj unless we bought him :o? Stuart Dickson kept that quiet :angry:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Yes 

Mystery over however judging by his recent form i wish they hadnt bothered.

What goes around comes around.

Edited by MD
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, MD said:

Mystery over however judging by his recent form i wish they hadnt bothered.

What goes around comes around.

Seems rather odd that at the start of the year big Vic was allowed to ride for the diamonds on loan ( which we all now know never happened due to Lunnas retirement,, & then a little while later returns to Edinburgh on loan & when Leicester want him on loan there told they have to buy him... Is that the Glasgow promotion / owners getting there own back on Stuart for when he left them ?? God only knows what goes on behind closed doors I do wonder

8 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Seems rather odd that at the start of the year big Vic was allowed to ride for the diamonds on loan ( which we all now know never happened due to Lunnas retirement,, & then a little while later returns to Edinburgh on loan & when Leicester want him on loan there told they have to buy him... Is that the Glasgow promotion / owners getting there own back on Stuart for when he left them ?? God only knows what goes on behind closed doors I do 

The only odd part is this post if you followed the recent thread.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, mac101 said:

It’s a Bit like Leicester doing the same for sarj at the start of the year buy him or your not using him 

Didn’t realise we were children. But not the first time yous have been.

28 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Unlike the team that took that away from him of course 

Slightly different circumstances every ride falls fowl to the numbers game unfortunately it’s speedway and everyone is aware of it.

Didn't we sign victor as a temp injury replacement, so wasnt gurenteed rest of season? 

What ever is going on its speedway that shoots its self in the foot.  What possible reason could there be not to let a rider your not using ride for another club or is it as simple as Leicester are rivals this sesaon (when Edin were not). 

22 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

Didn't we sign victor as a temp injury replacement, so wasnt gurenteed rest of season? 

What ever is going on its speedway that shoots its self in the foot.  What possible reason could there be not to let a rider your not using ride for another club or is it as simple as Leicester are rivals this sesaon (when Edin were not). 

Read the post by  Mac  101

Edited by MANSE

The Pavlova collapsed

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Obviously they feel like it will effect their chances of winning trophies cause there’s no other reason to do so. Other clubs might look at this now if Glasgow ask to use other riders.

22 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Didn’t realise we were children. But not the first time yous have been.

That isn't you being childish earlier Blobby is it saying other clubs might look at this now.

5 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

That isn't you being childish earlier Blobby is it saying other clubs might look at this now.

Isn’t the first and won’t be the last Glasgow get involved in nonsense like this. 

Unfortunately victor has fallen victim to this nonsense.

I find in strange in so-called Professional Sport that you can talk to a rider agree terms-and tell the fans about the signing and you don’t even know who owns him.If what is true over Sarjeant, that makes it even worse, why should they play ball.

It is very unfortunate and difficult for  Victor getting caught in the middle of this situation, Leicester were well in their rights to request transfer for James as they brought him and then gave him a team place for 2019 and he had the contract but then Glasgow offered him a deal he couldn’t turn down. Leicester have also been on receiving end of this kind of rider control while in the Premiership twice they have agreed terms with top No1 riders for their parent club to demand full transfer if Leicester wanted to use the said riders.

Back to the new signing I am sure once they have got sorted at Leicester they will become a good signing I believe they have rode over here before just not on a regular basis 

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I find in strange in so-called Professional Sport that you can talk to a rider agree terms-and tell the fans about the signing and you don’t even know who owns him.If what is true over Sarjeant, that makes it even worse, why should they play ball.

More to the point is why did we go to this effort for Sarjeant. At first insistence to part with cash for his registration we should have moved for Nathan Greaves, or someone else.

• Like 1

On 26 July 2019 at 2:11 PM, False dawn said:

Can I just say welcome to Victor? We hope you settle into your new home and make an ongoing contribution to Leicester's run to the title.

I tried. :(