British Speedway Forum
Shaggy

Leicester 2019

Dickson hasn’t got an issue with it so I’m not sure why anyone else should have, least of all Edinburgh fans. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MD said:

The only odd part is this post if you followed the recent thread.

Nowt odd about my post.. the thread I replied on was 1 I just posted on as it was selected at random but if you prefer I'll submit a reply at the bottom of the page next time 

10 hours ago, flagrag said:

It is very unfortunate and difficult for  Victor getting caught in the middle of this situation, Leicester were well in their rights to request transfer for James as they brought him and then gave him a team place for 2019 and he had the contract but then Glasgow offered him a deal he couldn’t turn down. Leicester have also been on receiving end of this kind of rider control while in the Premiership twice they have agreed terms with top No1 riders for their parent club to demand full transfer if Leicester wanted to use the said riders.

Back to the new signing I am sure once they have got sorted at Leicester they will become a good signing I believe they have rode over here before just not on a regular basis 

Not likely to be a Pole because their governing body doesn't allow it, but you never know what strings Dicko can pull! 

So more likely a Dane then? The one who impressed me most at the recent U-21 final was Mads Hansen as he outshone his more well known team mates. But whoever it is, it's a fair old challenge to come into a league/country mid season and get into it straight away. Maybe Dicko has someone who rides Glasgow especially well, that would be sweet!

10 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Isn’t the first and won’t be the last Glasgow get involved in nonsense like this. 

Unfortunately victor has fallen victim to this nonsense.

Was being dumped by Edinburgh and being deprived of making a living also “nonsense”?

Why does “if you want him, you’ve got to buy him” work when Glasgow want a Leicester rider and not the other way round?

And don’t tell me that Stewart Dickson didn’t know the score when he approached the rider. He’s been around too long to make a mistake like that. I suspect he publicised it first, hoping that peer pressure would let him get the rider. The Glasgow management seem to be working towards making Speedway viable in the city, so deserve credit not criticism from less well supported and funded teams. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Isn’t the first and won’t be the last Glasgow get involved in nonsense like this. 

Unfortunately victor has fallen victim to this nonsense.

It’d be like Man City loaning one of their players to Liverpool mid season - can’t see that happening so can’t see the issue personally. Cough up or go for someone else.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Najjer said:

It’d be like Man City loaning one of their players to Liverpool mid season - can’t see that happening so can’t see the issue personally. Cough up or go for someone else.

The difference being football teams tend to have enormous squad sizes to start with and can go out and have the finances to go out and buy replacements at the drop of a hat if they want to.

The "asset" situation the sport uses is outdated and should be scrapped in my opinion. Once a rider is released he should become a free agent, just like every rider at the end of each season, unless they are signed on longer term contracts.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Bit of a joke really Glasgow screwing the lad out of earning a living. 

Now who would have thought you could miss an opportunity to have a go.

I take it you know the full negotiation talks that went on to post this view , as SD says well within any clubs rights and he respects ours.

Once again Blobby in drivel shocker.

11 hours ago, flagrag said:

It is very unfortunate and difficult for  Victor getting caught in the middle of this situation, Leicester were well in their rights to request transfer for James as they brought him and then gave him a team place for 2019 and he had the contract but then Glasgow offered him a deal he couldn’t turn down. Leicester have also been on receiving end of this kind of rider control while in the Premiership twice they have agreed terms with top No1 riders for their parent club to demand full transfer if Leicester wanted to use the said riders.

Back to the new signing I am sure once they have got sorted at Leicester they will become a good signing I believe they have rode over here before just not on a regular basis 

Here we go again, a rider only wants to ride for Glasgow because they offered a deal he couldn't refuse. maybe it was the threat of a horse's head or maybe this is what happened.  Stuart says to Sarg I'd like you to ride for the Lions what do you think? Sarg says thanks Stuart but I get on really well with people at Glasgow and my scoring seems to be better when I'm with them so Id rather ride for Glasgow if they want me. And do they want you? I don't know. well ask them I can't wait for ever but there's a contract now if you want it. Sarg to Cami is there a place for me at Glasgow cos I'd really like to come back. Cami, well yes. Sarg to Stuart Glasgow want me. Stuart to Cami I hear you've illegally spoken to Sarg about a team place, so if you want him you'll have to buy him. I know which option id go for.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Dickson hasn’t got an issue with it so I’m not sure why anyone else should have, least of all Edinburgh fans. 

Spot on Leicester requested a full transfer for Sarj which we paid.

Glasgow request full transfer for Vic which they decide not to pursue no big deal there prerogative.

Nothing to see here i am sure SD will have a suitable replacement lined up.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Spot on Leicester requested a full transfer for Sarj which we paid.

Glasgow request full transfer for Vic which they decide not to pursue no big deal there prerogative.

Nothing to see here i am sure SD will have a suitable replacement lined up.

No problem with that at all. 

By the "system" its Glasgows choice if they decide to prevent one of their "employees" from earning money whilst they are unable to give him paid work. Maybe Victor can get a spot of voluntary work whilst he waits for his employers to let him earn money somewhere it suits them more!

2 minutes ago, Big Al said:

By the "system" its Glasgows choice if they decide to prevent one of their "employees" from earning money whilst they are unable to give him paid work. Maybe Victor can get a spot of voluntary work whilst he waits for his employers to let him earn money somewhere it suits them more!

It's not Glasgow fault that both Newcastle and Edinburgh decided to change there mind. In Leicester case they played hard ball over Sargeant so Glasgow has done the same. You have to wonder why Leicester didn't basically give Glasgow there money back or was Stuart just hoping Glasgow was going to give him a freebie. 

16 minutes ago, Big Al said:

If we insist on a sale then what's the problem.

Obviously you never moaned about the system when we allowed you to use Victor or did you ?.

No didn't think so.

38 minutes ago, Big Al said:

If Glasgow are preventing one of their employees from earning money does that mean we can assume Leicester have started paying their riders?

Edited by Pep