British Speedway Forum

22 hours ago, mac101 said:

Would give Luke Ruddick a shout for a 2 pointer think he I’ll adapt well once he gets the track  dailed in 

So many far better options out there than Ruddick. 

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I’m afraid the state the sport has got itself into regarding averages and reductions it’s probably a decent signing if they went for him.:(

Clegg’s been poor for a couple of years now. Would be better served signing a two pointer and having a point to use further up the order. 

9 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Clegg’s been poor for a couple of years now. Would be better served signing a two pointer and having a point to use further up the order. 

Good luck trying to get a 2 pointer to come north of the border Luke’s a 2 pointer and rode the dale well when he was up a while back and know he would come up 

2 hours ago, Ben91 said:

Have never rated Clegg but the situation says he would do what's required given the standard that has been created,you can see the problems with averages arising shortly when the loop holes start to appear.

Cleggy is still pretty young and came onto some great form late last season. Just needs to improve on the bigger tracks and improve his gating and first bends. 

But if having him meant having to have a weaker number 1/2 I would maybe pass on him. 

But him and Joshie P. have shown their liking for Brough Park so maybe he'll be lined up so we can get an away win! ;)

11 hours ago, mac101 said:

Good luck trying to get a 2 pointer to come north of the border Luke’s a 2 pointer and rode the dale well when he was up a while back and know he would come up 

I’m not an Edinburgh fan. Plenty of better two pointers out there, Ruddick would be scraping the barrel for any team in honesty. 

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Have never rated Clegg but the situation says he would do what's required given the standard that has been created,you can see the problems with averages arising shortly when the loop holes start to appear.

If the limit was 42.5 he’d be worth the gamble, not so sure with a 38 point limit. Is he really a point and a half better than some two pointers? Looking at his NL form last season, probably not. 

1 hour ago, Ben91 said:

I’m not an Edinburgh fan. Plenty of better two pointers out there, Ruddick would be scraping the barrel for any team in honesty. 

That's as may be but as Mac has said, hardly any 2 pointers are going to want to ride that far up the country unless very well funded from a second hand car salesman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

That's as may be but as Mac has said, hardly any 2 pointers are going to want to ride that far up the country unless very well funded from a second hand car salesman.

i think ryan blacklock is giving speedway another go  pretty northern based , i think 

6 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

Would clegg want to come back? 

Would you seriously want him? He hasn't seemed to move on much wherever he's been.

Just now, foamfence said:

Would you seriously want him? He hasn't seemed to move on much wherever he's been.

I would be disappointed if he was in our plans. 

Another Aussie can’t have too many, very pleased to have Heeps rides Armadale very well, solid second string to have in the side.