British Speedway Forum

2.5% reduction for British riders who came through the conference or national league, If they have races for Australia at any level I wouldn’t think they qualify?

3 minutes ago, Tigerforever said:

2.5% reduction for British riders who came through the conference or national league, If they have races for Australia at any level I wouldn’t think they qualify?

I do not  believe its limited to just british riders, it is ALL riders who habe progressed through the national/conferece league( see info below provided by bspa)

The BSPA League Structures for 2019 will be; (NB to support the progression of riders who have progressed through the National Development League, all riders will receive a 2.5% reduction in their average)

1 minute ago, GhostRider said:

I do not  believe its limited to just british riders, it is ALL riders who habe progressed through the national/conferece league( see info below provided by bspa)

...which may or may not be the whole story. AGM PRs have a history of throwing up incomplete or misleading statements, as do the regulations.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GhostRider said:

The BSPA League Structures for 2019 will be; (NB to support the progression of riders who have progressed through the National Development League, all riders will receive a 2.5% reduction in their average)

We all know what the intention of the statement is

It is just a case of writing the reg to match the sentiment and therefore thwart the cheats and manipulaters :P

1 minute ago, JanAnderson said:

Edinburgh manipulating the rules again. Warms the heart. 

Lifes certainies

Tax

Monarch manipulation

Death

:D

Possibly but they key word is ALL.

If it was intended only for British riders then It would have had this stipulation within the press release.

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Lifes certainies

Tax

Monarch manipulation

Death

:D

Monarchs - shrewed/astute management ;)

the rest i agree with 

• Like 1

It does  not say the conference  league only  the national development league so when did the NDL officially start 

• Like 1

NDL is the current name but the previous names of conference  and national are long standing, the statement is ambiguous   
But trust me it applies to all leagues below  premier league (championship now but i prefer premier) 

9 minutes ago, GhostRider said:

NDL is the current name but the previous names of conference  and national are long standing, the statement is ambiguous   
But trust me it applies to all leagues below  premier league (championship now but i prefer premier) 

Not like the BSPA to make ambiguous statements,why to they always complicate things,should have been no reductions ,just opens a can of worms as usual.

14 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

This again. Don’t understand why British riders should be given any greater assistance than foreign riders?

Because we appear to be the only country that does not prioritise our own riders and we blooming well should.

• Like 3

Don't you worry -- any team that starts their roster for the year with three dinkum Aussies gets my support!

Good on ya, Monarcks!

1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

1. Ricky Wells 8.40

2. Justin Sedgmen 6.17

3. Josh Pickering 6.11

4. Cameron Heeps 6.04

5. James Sarjeant 4.16

6. William Lawson 3.90 (2.5% Reduction)

7. Max Clegg 3.16 (2.5% Reduction)

Monarchs don’t have a budget for the tapes we would go through with Skippy

• Haha 1