British Speedway Forum

Skippy is one Aussie not allowed on this team. Must fish out my baggy green for the new season 

Edited by Fenway Bleachers

On 12/1/2018 at 1:18 PM, JanAndersen said:

No Clegg or Serjeant for me

Sarj will be heading West Coast (Luckily) Clegg on the other hand I am not sure at all where he will end up, 

Regards
THJ

3 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Assume someone will be announced at the highlights night tomorrow. Any whispers?

Ricky wells willie Lawson and maybe Joel 

Edited by mac101

Has Cookie gone on a loan deal or a full transfer to the Land of Milk and Money. We could be doing with the readies. Does anyone know how much you get for loaning out an asset?

12 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Has Cookie gone on a loan deal or a full transfer to the Land of Milk and Money. We could be doing with the readies. Does anyone know how much you get for loaning out an asset?

I have been led to believe the Loan Fee depends on average, anything from about a grand to £1750 quid which is no great shakes, Will stand corrected of course if anyone knows any different

Regards
THJ

5 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I have been led to believe the Loan Fee depends on average, anything from about a grand to £1750 quid which is no great shakes, Will stand corrected of course if anyone knows any different

Regards
THJ

Yes THJ. There is about 4 bands of averages(say 3-5, 5-7,7-9, and 9 and over) and each rate has a financial value against it. You multiply the value against the actual average, and you get the loan fee due for a season. i would guess a loan fee for Cookie would be about £3k to a championship team.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Yes THJ. There is about 4 bands of averages(say 3-5, 5-7,7-9, and 9 and over) and each rate has a financial value against it. You multiply the value against the actual average, and you get the loan fee due for a season. i would guess a loan fee for Cookie would be about £3k to a championship team.

very interesting.

I believe that if a loaned rider then subsequently  double/ups/down  to a club in a different league,  the  initial club now using his services  will then be entitled to a loan fee from the second club.

Can you tell us if the same loan fee bands will apply?

If they're the same bands, then Glasgow will have done a shrewd bit of business if a PL club now takes Cookie on.

• Like 1

Cookie to have a rubbishe season at the weej, drop his average by two and return in the resplendent blue and gold in 2020. He’s only there to financially rinse them. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Cookie to have a rubbishe season at the weej, drop his average by two and return in the resplendent blue and gold in 2020. He’s only there to financially rinse them. 

I can feel a charity bet coming on here.

1 hour ago, cyclone said:

very interesting.

I believe that if a loaned rider then subsequently  double/ups/down  to a club in a different league,  the  initial club now using his services  will then be entitled to a loan fee from the second club.

Can you tell us if the same loan fee bands will apply?

If they're the same bands, then Glasgow will have done a shrewd bit of business if a PL club now takes Cookie on.

Once a team signs a loan contract, they can collect a loan from another club who he moves on to. It is assumed the loaning club has paid for the rider that year, and if he moves on again they collect the loan fee, not the original owner who loaned the rider out in the first place. 

It may be different now, but I think cross league loan moves assume the converted average between the two leagues. I remember reading about Coventry, I think who had paid £4500 to loan Hans Andersen many years ago(between 2 Elite teams)  so it can be seen that it is quite lucrative to have your assets working even if it is for someone else.

• Thanks 1

And also Ricky Wells and Joel Andersson. 

good to see wullie lawson getting a team spot. he looked good in the play offs at worky . he should add a few points on his average in 19 ...