British Speedway Forum

34 minutes ago, jenga said:

good to see wullie lawson getting a team spot. he looked good in the play offs at worky . he should add a few points on his average in 19 ...

Depends upon whether we gets a decent  bike & mechanic, or else he will be plumbing the depths of unreliability again :unsure:

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Depends upon whether we gets a decent  bike & mechanic, or else he will be plumbing the depths of unreliability again :unsure:

Agree. Needs to be fully equipped this season. Great to have Ricky back. Joel and Josh should kick on in 2019.

Heeps and Sedgy could hold the key to our play off ambitions.

Doesn’t look that great on paper but we know that means little in speedway,they need a couple to step up to the challenge IMO.

52 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Doesn’t look that great on paper but we know that means little in speedway,they need a couple to step up to the challenge IMO.

As long as Wullies pop doesn't step up. :o

• Haha 1

Very pleased to see Luke Ruddick get a chance. I have been a fan since his early days at Mildenhall and he's improved season on season in the NL, with a near 1.5 jump last year. 

Its a massive leap from the NL to the Championship but there's no doubt he'll give it everything he's got. 

• Like 4

Very balanced looking side for the Monarchs must put them up there as favourites for the 2019 season 

• Confused 1

Edinburgh have always constructed solid sides, and this one seems OK.    Two Aussies is a good base, with Joshie is already looking good here, his show in the NSW Title meet at Woodstock was very impressive.

6 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Very pleased to see Luke Ruddick get a chance. I have been a fan since his early days at Mildenhall and he's improved season on season in the NL, with a near 1.5 jump last year. 

Its a massive leap from the NL to the Championship but there's no doubt he'll give it everything he's got. 

Agreed. he is a great gater and very tenacious when behind. I remember a couple of years ago he stood in for the visitors at no 7, and led at the first corner, and never dropped off after he had been passed. Could be a breakthrough year given this chance, and I could have fancied having  him at Newcastle. 

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Uluru said:

Edinburgh have always constructed solid sides, and this one seems OK.    Two Aussies is a good base, with Joshie is already looking good here, his show in the NSW Title meet at Woodstock was very impressive.

2 Aussies? Isnt there 3....

8 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

2 Aussies? Isnt there 3....

Aw yeah.   Forgot about Heepsie, he's from WA.    That's really a foreign country.

• Haha 1

Gutted to lose big Victor - 100% trier and a really nice lad. Good luck to him and I hope the crazy points limit allows us to have him back some time

Really good to have Joel back tho’

• Like 1