British Speedway Forum

wow Luke ruddick 000 as he will be known .why the heck have they drafted him in he is not even a NL heat leader ? I can safely say you have the worst rider by far in the league is he related to the owners or something ? 

• Confused 1

Luke comes from Melrose, so a local lad , and he has some experience of the dale.

That will help since home advantage here can be huge.

As long as he puts in the effort, and takes advantage of extra laps post meetings, all he needs to do is beat his opposite 2 pointer more often than not, and the blue and gold will embrace him, because that’s what we do. 

Anything more will be a bonus, but a few points in heats 2 and 4 will be job done. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Luke comes from Melrose, so a local lad , and he has some experience of the dale.

As long as he puts in the effort, and takes advantage of extra laps post meetings, all he needs to do is beat his opposite 2 pointer more often than not, and the blue and gold will embrace him, because that’s what we do. 

Anything more will be a bonus, but a few points in heats 2 and 4 will be job done. 

Luke lives in Ely in Norfolk moved down there last year and don't think he rode there this year and will depend on how they set the track up next year if it was like this year really grippy he and a few of the new team will struggle 

Edited by mac101
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Ah fair enough but trust me he wont beat his opposite numbers home or away i dont think you realise how far behind the others he is ...

• Like 1

I take your views, since you have been watching him more often.

However we do have a decent track record of improving riders once in the Monarchs family. Here’s hoping we do so again. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Ah fair enough but trust me he wont beat his opposite numbers home or away i dont think you realise how far behind the others he is ...

Well based on the final NL Green Sheets for 2018 ,  Ruddick was 6.67 compared to Glasgow's Joe Lawlor on 6.61:unsure:

I realise that averages can be misleading, but unless you were watching Ruddick riding everywhere, week in, week out,  rather than trust your assumption, I'll wait & see how he actually does.  

Certainly HalifaxTiger on this forum  rates him and he probably attended more 2018 UK domestic meetings than anyone else on the BSF.

Edited by cyclone
Typo error Ruddick 's GSA was 6.67 not 6.17
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

wow Luke ruddick 000 as he will be known .why the heck have they drafted him in he is not even a NL heat leader ? I can safely say you have the worst rider by far in the league is he related to the owners or something ? 

He is the same standard as a lot of the reserves in the  league next next season,I’m quite sure he will give it his best shot and wish him well.To say he will will be the worst rider in the league is very disrespectful he did not create this situation.There a few 2 pointers who will find his home track a challenge to say the least.:nono:

• Like 4

11 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Go on then tell us how he’ll be the worst rider in the league. Can’t wait for your reasoning.

11 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I think you need to look at your Teams  signings before you start rubbishing other Teams signings,if that’s your game .;)

12 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

11 hours ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

I take your views, since you have been watching him more often.

However we do have a decent track record of improving riders once in the Monarchs family. Here’s hoping we do so again. 

39 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Go on then tell us how he’ll be the worst rider in the league. Can’t wait for your reasoning.

31 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I think you need to look at your Teams  signings before you start rubbishing other Teams signings,if that’s your game .;)

Honestly

First met Luke a few years back now when my daughter was teaching at his school in Berwick and I used to chat to him at Newcastle when he came down on his free Sundays to watch. 

He is a great kid who is "keen as mustard" and wants to do well and he will be well looked after up at Armadale and I hope he takes this opportunity with both hands and makes a good go of it. After all he deserves the chance and he will not be overawed by the step up and his attitude is spot on.

If he puts 1 point on his average next year he will have upped it by 50% so you need to look at what you expect him to achieve because if he does end up on a 3 by the end of next year I will guarantee that no other rider in the Edinburgh team will have upped there average by that amount as its all about perspective 

If he can get dialled into the Edinburgh track he will be okay, as has been pointed out there is a good home track advantage up there and he will get well looked after with all the help needed for him to improve.

Good luck to him for next year and stay safe, and all he has to do; to look for inspiration; is look at how Kyle Bickley did last year; he had a hard time at the start of last season, persevered, and by the end of the year didn't want the season to finish, so let Brummie matey boy "knock" as hard as he wants, if you get stuck in and work hard you end up proving the detractors wrong.

I for one will be rooting for him

Go for it Bonnie Lad

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
missed out key word
  • Like 8

43 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Castagna being one. Good luck to Luke at Edinburgh.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Having watched Luke every NL meeting this season he will do ok had good meeting beating heatleaders then could struggle against reserves and depending what the tracks like if grippy like some meetings this year then he might struggle  but l think the Somerset reserves are the least experienced and weakest and wouldn’t say luke was any better than the Glasgow reserves joes ave is only low because his equipment let him down a good few times this season so will need to get that sorted for next season and if chessals comes back fit he will be better than most 2 pointers 

Edited by mac101
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, cyclone said:

Well based on the final NL Green Sheets for 2018 ,  Ruddick was 6.67 compared to Glasgow's Joe Lawlor on 6.61:unsure:

I realise that averages can be misleading, but unless you were watching Ruddick riding everywhere, week in, week out,  rather than trust your assumption, I'll wait & see how he actually does.  

Certainly HalifaxTiger on this forum  rates him and he probably attended more 2018 UK domestic meetings than anyone else on the BSF.

...and Me.

• Like 3

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:57 PM, mac101 said:

Luke lives in Ely in Norfolk moved down there last year and don't think he rode there this year and will depend on how they set the track up next year if it was like this year really grippy he and a few of the new team will struggle 

Has he found where the house is of yet, because the only Ely I know of is in the fens and happens to be in Cambridgeshire. A fine city famous for it's cathedral.

• Haha 3