British Speedway Forum

16 minutes ago, Gazc said:

If the rumoured changes take effect a play off place is still achievable,  in order to do this a real upturn in away form is needed.

Do you think it can happen ? , the proposed changes had to come to at least get the home fans back onside.

Personal feel with the changes we are capable of making the play offs.

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/news-centre/article/2019-07-15/sam-masters-returns-to-monarchs 

just like that the changes are made welcome back Sam and welcome matt. 

Feel for victor and Joel as they’ve not done a lot wrong but it’s a numbers game at the end of the day and someone has to go.

Edited by Mr Blobby

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Personal feel with the changes we are capable of making the play offs.

Nobody will argue that adding Sam to the side is going to make it stronger especially when removing the inconsistent swedes but now the Monarchs have a longer tail than Eastbourne and for all the effort that they may put in Marson is not a NL heatleader & in not really sure what Willie Lawson is but he is now a main body rider in the Champs!.

1 minute ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Nobody will argue that adding Sam to the side is going to make it stronger especially when removing the inconsistent swedes but now the Monarchs have a longer tail than Eastbourne and for all the effort that they may put in Marson is not a NL heatleader & in not really sure what Willie Lawson is but he is now a main body rider in the Champs!.

Once Sam gets an average things will change.

Marson guested for Brum at Glasgow last week and looked better than most NL newcomers I've seen. Willie Lawson's lack of scoring can now be better covered in the 1-5 except ht8. Confirms its the end of the road for Sedgmen.

57 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Yep another change due early August I believe (was told)

Regards 

THJ 

All going well I believe so.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Average fixing going to be happening for a couple weeks for Masters? :lol::nono:What was his last Championship average to see what he’s roughly going down to?

Finished 2017 on 8.57 but joining on 10.78. Perhaps Oor Wullie is on borrowed time after all.

12 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Average fixing going to be happening for a couple weeks for Masters? :lol::nono:What was his last Championship average to see what he’s roughly going down to?

How is it his average will drop with it being so high.

2 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Something like his old rolling Championship average kicks in once he's done a few more championship meetings, is the best way I can describe it!

Edited by StevePark
  • Haha 1

Assuming Sam’s visa restrictions that stopped him riding in the Scottish Open have been sorted out.?

33 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I used emojis and yet you still had to bite... I know his average goes down to his old Championship average, hence why I asked what his average was, you don’t help yourself sometimes:blink:

1 minute ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I used emojis and yet you still had to bite... I know his average goes down to his old Championship average, hence why I asked what his average was, you don’t help yourself sometimes:blink:

Only sometimes :D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Delighted to see Sam back and I'm sure bring a few fans back.  

However teams don't often do well with such a long tail and until Lawson is emptied we will not get near the play offs.  Shame the 4s has been as we easily have the best top 4 in the league. 

Be better looking towards next season now.  Get a proper average for Sam and give the 2 youngsters a chance at reserve.   Although would guess Ruddick would come straight back in once his head is right.  

Feel hard luck for Victor and Joel who I don't think have done a bad job for 2nd strings and can feel a little hard done by by being dropped.