British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

What’s Sedgmen’s average now? Not saying he’s a good pick but at no.2 with Masters it could work. 

Sedg is 5.54, which does look fairly convenient for replacing Willie.

If they could find someone in the 4.5 range to replace one of the reserves I think I'd prefer that... not that I have anything against them bringing Sedg back.

52 minutes ago, HenryW said:

Sedg is 5.54, which does look fairly convenient for replacing Willie.

If they could find someone in the 4.5 range to replace one of the reserves I think I'd prefer that... not that I have anything against them bringing Sedg back.

Nailed on then. I’m less keen but he could very well prove me wrong. 

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

Don’t think we will see Sedgy hit heights of a few years back but as you say prove us wrong.

On 7/27/2019 at 6:59 PM, JanAndersen said:

Maybe not then! Sedgmen off to Sheffield. 

40 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Maybe not then! Sedgmen off to Sheffield. 

oh dairy me ,  .thick shakes all around then .

Edited by jenga

Welcome aboard James Sarjeant. Try sit still we’re poor and can’t afford too many sets of tapes unlike along the road. 

Good move for us makes us even stronger. One last push for the play offs.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Welcome aboard James Sarjeant. Try sit still we’re poor and can’t afford too many sets of tapes unlike along the road. 

Good move for us makes us even stronger. One last push for the play offs.

See we do love the moanarchs, trying our best to help. First Victor and now James and don't worry about any rumours that James will drop his average so he can come back to us. That sort of thing would never happen in speedway at least that's what Kevin told me 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

See we do love the moanarchs, trying our best to help. First Victor and now James and don't worry about any rumours that James will drop his average so he can come back to us. That sort of thing would never happen in speedway at least that's what Kevin told me 

I mean we’re giving you the leagues too man. Kevin told me not to eat airport burgers also but that certainly hasn’t stopped me.

FFS is that all we can get.  Hopefully I'm proved wrong but don't see him scoring well enough to get us near the play offs. After the great signing in Masters this is a poor signing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

FFS is that all we can get.  Hopefully I'm proved wrong but don't see him scoring well enough to get us near the play offs. After the great signing in Masters this is a poor signing. 

Depends if he can recover his last season form he will be your trump card , but last night apart James has toiled recently at number 2 i wish James well i hope he recovers some form.

• Like 1

Glad to see James get fixed up so quickly, unfortunately it just hasn’t happened for him this season.

Hopefully, the Monarchs faithful are kind to him over the next couple of months while he gets his average sorted for next season.

BTW - Worrall, Palovaara and now Sarjeant, very imaginative recruitment policy from Alex and John these days.

2 hours ago, Cj69 said:

Don’t see how it’s a poor signing.

You think Sarjeant replacing Marson is not an improvement? It’s an extra 2/3 points a meeting and that is what makes all the difference.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cj69 said:

Put it this way.  Matt Marson (who did nothing wrong) was unlikely to pile up any points for you, especially on the road.    To accomodate Sam Masters, you can't do more than solidify the rest of the squad.      You need a rider at No 2 who can pick up the vital third places and a bit more in Heat 8.       James Sarjeant got 4+1 at Scunny (Tigers won by 2) and 8+1 last night at the OTA (Tigers won by six).    

Guest Loose Diamond
2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Depends if he can recover his last season form he will be your trump card , but last night apart James has toiled recently at number 2 i wish James well i hope he recovers some form.

It is happening with all teams. Don't get injured or lose form or you will be gone! Sargent certainly contributed to you winning at Somerset last night. His reward get rid! Becoming ridiculous now.

Just now, Loose Diamond said:

It is happening with all teams. Don't get injured or lose form or you will be gone! Sargent certainly contributed to you winning at Somerset last night. His reward get rid! Becoming ridiculous now.

Did you see his scores prior to last night though , if you , me or anyone don't perform at there work the same thing happens it is not entirely a surprise he lost his place.

Would you suggest teams keep riders even though they are contributing next to nothing , not how it works I'm afraid.

I can see both sides of the argument but you can't really blame any team in replacing under performing riders , i don't anyway.