British Speedway Forum

The handcart has just reached Hell and is parking up. 

The sport ain't gonna recover from the total shambles it's now in. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

It is happening with all teams. Don't get injured or lose form or you will be gone! Sargent certainly contributed to you winning at Somerset last night. His reward get rid! Becoming ridiculous now.

Yes, but 'the law of averages' would suggest that, if you carry on doing stupid things, one day one of those stupid things will turn out to be the right thing to do :t:

3 hours ago, Cj69 said:

FFS is that all we can get.  Hopefully I'm proved wrong but don't see him scoring well enough to get us near the play offs. After the great signing in Masters this is a poor signing. 

59 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Don’t see how it’s a poor signing.

You think Sarjeant replacing Marson is not an improvement? It’s an extra 2/3 points a meeting and that is what makes all the difference.

This also gives monarchs a reserve with experience again in either James or William, think the problem is people were expecting William to be replaced.

(Lawson should also be good for an extra point or two from reserve)

Edited by speed ace

So Willie rides on :( . Talent is there but shocking lack of investment in equipment has cost us some league points.

Heard a whisper last week that we could be interested in James but thought Willie would go.

hope it works out but I think the boy’s heart is with Glasgow.

cant say I am a fan of this hiring and firing, sign of the times in all sports. Should have pushed to have Sam for Newcastle away in cup.

Guest Loose Diamond
9 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yes, but 'the law of averages' would suggest that, if you carry on doing stupid things, one day one of those stupid things will turn out to be the right thing to do :t:

Will it?? Are these teams not just pressing the panic button?? Edinburgh, Sheffield, Glasgow, and Somerset seemed too be. Back fired big style on Somerset last night. Served them right.

Guest Loose Diamond
20 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Did you see his scores prior to last night though , if you , me or anyone don't perform at there work the same thing happens it is not entirely a surprise he lost his place.

Would you suggest teams keep riders even though they are contributing next to nothing , not how it works I'm afraid.

I can see both sides of the argument but you can't really blame any team in replacing under performing riders , i don't anyway.

It is just becoming ridiculous. Teams changing riders all the time. I did not see many of his scores before. Same with Danny Phillips at Newcastle. He is shocking. But unfortunately he will not be moved on. But who can replace him. Others that have been suggested no better.

Lawson shud have been binned months ago.  Yes he has improved recently but the boy is a waste of space.  I sung his praises when signed but huge disappointment. Maybe my expectations to high to begin with.  

Sarjent can certainly score points when he's on form and no doubt more than marson but i find it hard to believe there isnt better out there rather than him just being conveniently available (don't follow all the ins and out to know who) and cheap. If he proves me wrong all to the good. 

Anyway onwards to Friday with the visit of scunny to test out the 'new' team.  

6 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

It is just becoming ridiculous. Teams changing riders all the time. I did not see many of his scores before. Same with Danny Phillips at Newcastle. He is shocking. But unfortunately he will not be moved on. But who can replace him. Others that have been suggested no better.

It's speedway the merry go round has been going on for as long as i care to remember , and will do long after I'm gone.

Based on the assumption the sport is still around by then.

34 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

So Willie rides on :( . Talent is there but shocking lack of investment in equipment has cost us some league points.

Heard a whisper last week that we could be interested in James but thought Willie would go.

cant say I am a fan of this hiring and firing, sign of the times in all sports. Should have pushed to have Sam for Newcastle away in cup.

Sam Masters rode at Newcastle in the Cup.

17 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Sam Masters rode at Newcastle in the Cup.

Not this season, he didn't.

Guest Loose Diamond
44 minutes ago, Gazc said:

It's speedway the merry go round has been going on for as long as i care to remember , and will do long after I'm gone.

Based on the assumption the sport is still around by then.

Very correct.

11 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Not this season, he didn't.

Oh yeah! Guested for Glasgow!! (I knew he'd been there recently!!).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Loose Diamond said:

It is happening with all teams. Don't get injured or lose form or you will be gone! Sargent certainly contributed to you winning at Somerset last night. His reward get rid! Becoming ridiculous now.

Credit to James for putting a shift in at Somerset. Edinburgh (and Glasgow) would have needed to make the necessary notifications to the BSPA by Tuesday evening (72 hours) at the latest for changes to come into effect in time for Friday. Therefore he would have known he was on his way to Edinburgh beforehand.

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

I seem to remember reading, or hearing, that the required permission re his visa weren't through in time for the cup matches.

12 minutes ago, leander said:

I seem to remember reading, or hearing, that the required permission re his visa weren't through in time for the cup matches.

I thought they didn't sign Sam until the day after we knocked them out of the cup.