British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wealdstone

Is Nobody bothered ?

Amongst all the to my mind stupid  imaginary team building is no body concerned that the whole of British Speedway is effectively now in the hands of one man?

• Like 1

some folks have been calling for a single person to be in charge: its just not Barry Hearn

• Like 3

Temporary safeguarding of clubs maybe? And for the safeguarding of the premier league. I don’t think it’s doom and gloom. Compared to the alternative.

• Like 3

Premier League now to be known as Buster Bonanza

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Amongst all the to my mind stupid  imaginary team building is no body concerned that the whole of British Speedway is effectively now in the hands of one man?

You can always vote with your feet and stop going like thousands before you have done.

You have the choice, nobody forces you to attend.

The big issue for me is, I've lost two of my Local tracks, Lakeside and Rye House in the last couple of months. I wished someone with a few bob could have come in and saved both venues.

• Like 7

If Buster hadn't stepped in, what would there be....

a 5 team top league and possibly 2 more lost clubs.

Its far from ideal but better than the alternative.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

The big issue for me is, I've lost two of my Local tracks, Lakeside and Rye House in the last couple of months. I wished someone with a few bob could have come in and saved both venues.

Give Buster a chance, he may just be digging the last of his change out from the back of the sofa before buying up Rye House & Mildenhall too. Creating his own Anglian league.  Seriously though its a crying shame that both venues appear to be going un-used but especially Rye which at present is under no planning threat. Fingers crossed there will be a venture this season at NL level.

• Like 1

On the scale of speedway's problems, no I'm not bothered.

• Like 1

Maybe he should buy them all. Then it's all equal again.

• Like 2

As I've said in another thread, I think this may actually be a good thing in the longer term, if Chapman has majority control of the top League (which he hasn't quite got yet) he can pretty much do what he wants. If he does the right things, as opposed to the paralysis we have at the moment he could have a very saleable product in the future. Question is can he get that 4th club and can he then make the right decisions to improve the sport?

Edited by iainb

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

As I've said in another thread, I think this may actually be a good thing in the longer term, if Chapman has majority control of the top League (which he hasn't quite got yet) he can pretty much do what he wants. If he does the right things, as opposed to the paralysis we have at the moment he could have a very saleable product in the future. Question is can he get that 4th club and can he then make the right decisions to improve the sport?

That mirrors my thinking.

from conversations I've had with Buster in the past (few years back admittedly) he has some ideas that may save the sport in the long run. If he gets a majority I would expect at least some to be implemented. They won't please everyone but then no one ever does.

Im not a fan of how he has run Lynn in recent years but they are an apparently financially stable club with a dedicated fan base. If he can make other clubs the same it has to bode well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

That mirrors my thinking.

from conversations I've had with Buster in the past (few years back admittedly) he has some ideas that may save the sport in the long run. If he gets a majority I would expect at least some to be implemented. They won't please everyone but then no one ever does.

Im not a fan of how he has run Lynn in recent years but they are an apparently financially stable club with a dedicated fan base. If he can make other clubs the same it has to bode well.

I'm no fan either but the benefit of 1 person owning the whole League or majority at least is that at least if he does balls it all up it can then be sold as a single entity for someone else to try... I think it's quite a positive move.

Also regarding the new limited company does "All current business assets will be transferred in their entirety" mean rider control?

Edited by iainb

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

If Rye House were to settle their bills and monies owed to riders the bspa might let them rejoin a league.

• Like 4

Just now, GWC said:

If Rye House were to settle their bills and monies owed to riders the bspa might let them rejoin a league.

Apart from the monies owed, the state of the stadium is a major concern. Major investment is needed to make it fit to stage public events.

• Like 1