British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wealdstone

Is Nobody bothered ?

22 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Apart from the monies owed, the state of the stadium is a major concern. Major investment is needed to make it fit to stage public events.

Admittedly it has been a few years since I went to RH, but I thought that this had been done by the last owners?

14 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Amongst all the to my mind stupid  imaginary team building 

You call yourself a speedway fan?

That has been a fun part of the sport ever since I've been following it (1984).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Apart from the monies owed, the state of the stadium is a major concern. Major investment is needed to make it fit to stage public events.

Hasn't stopped Rye for the last 15 years lol. Ive always found the slight Stig of the dump look part of its charm,  granted ive not been since they dumped a load of soil in the middle but if it has a track, pits, lights, bar, food & bogs thats all that is actually required. Things could be upgraded if required but what is really required is a promotor and a team on track.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Admittedly it has been a few years since I went to RH, but I thought that this had been done by the last owners?

Rye House stadium resembles a building project that has run out of money.

3 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Rye House stadium resembles a building project that has run out of money.

When BMR took over from Len Silver they started a number of improvements but it appears they ran out of money or enthusiasm before any of them were completed. If they had started one project and finished it before doing the next one the place would be in a much better state than it is. 

On the subject of paying riders, surely the bond should have been used by the BSPA to pay the riders or has it been used and a balance is still owed?

If money is still owed then it is right that BMR are not allowed to promote speedway but it should not stop another promotion using the track or has the BSPA said that speedway cannot be run at the track until those outstanding bills have been paid. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

When BMR took over from Len Silver they started a number of improvements but it appears they ran out of money or enthusiasm before any of them were completed. If they had started one project and finished it before doing the next one the place would be in a much better state than it is. 

On the subject of paying riders, surely the bond should have been used by the BSPA to pay the riders or has it been used and a balance is still owed?

If money is still owed then it is right that BMR are not allowed to promote speedway but it should not stop another promotion using the track or has the BSPA said that speedway cannot be run at the track until those outstanding bills have been paid. 

A track licence for 2019 would need to be issued before any prospective promoter took up residence. Easier said than done.

46 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

A track licence for 2019 would need to be issued before any prospective promoter took up residence. Easier said than done.

When was the current one issued? They are valid for 3 years.

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

You call yourself a speedway fan?

That has been a fun part of the sport ever since I've been following it (1984).

Yes I do and of long standing. If you think it is fun I have no problem with that

16 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Amongst all the to my mind stupid  imaginary team building is no body concerned that the whole of British Speedway is effectively now in the hands of one man?

From where I see it,In simple terms, without that one man, there would be no top league. Love him or hate him he has on his own kept the league afloat.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Amongst all the to my mind stupid  imaginary team building is no body concerned that the whole of British Speedway is effectively now in the hands of one man?

I would say that many of us have concerns but if you look at what has happened in other sports then snooker is a good example of a near dictatorship working for the good of the sport. I agree that it could go wrong but I think we should give it a chance and try to be positive in the hope that it works out for the best.

I write the above while very depressed that I have no easily accessible track to watch racing but hope that things will get better and recently lost tracks will reappear.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

When was the current one issued? They are valid for 3 years.

Three years, I'm suprised by that. Promoters and owners change, plus changes to track and fence etc. 

5 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Three years, I'm suprised by that. Promoters and owners change, plus changes to track and fence etc. 

If any substantial changes are made then a re-inspection is needed, otherwise it's just a case of applying for a renewal.

49 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

If any substantial changes are made then a re-inspection is needed, otherwise it's just a case of applying for a renewal.

It doesn't matter if the track licence is 3 or 23 years, if standards ain't kept up to SCB/BSPA requirements they have a right to terminate the licence regardless. 

I'm amazed when that MotoX track was installed the Speedway wasn't shut down immediately on health and safety. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

It is also inspected by the referee at every meeting and reported back to the SCB, if standards fall are are not complied with, the licence can be revoked

19 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Nonsense.

He doesn't even have a majority in the top flight and there are (at present) 20 other clubs.