British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wealdstone

Is Nobody bothered ?

6 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Nonsense.

He doesn't even have a majority in the top flight and there are (at present) 20 other clubs.

I respect your opinion , but in my view he has the clout to close down the premier league if so minded

13 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I respect your opinion , but in my view he has the clout to close down the premier league if so minded

Even if that is accepted, it doesn't mean by a long chalk that speedway is under the control of one man.

You overlook the fact that without him the Premiership probably would have closed down. 

56 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Even if that is accepted, it doesn't mean by a long chalk that speedway is under the control of one man.

You overlook the fact that without him the Premiership probably would have closed down. 

Exactly  the point I am making  closing it down is in his hands one way or the other.

The air fence hasn't helped Rye House. Last time I was there, there were really only quite limited viewing options. As it stood, I always thought it was a track that didn't need an air fence such was the amount of run off on the bends

36 minutes ago, Chadster said:

The air fence hasn't helped Rye House. Last time I was there, there were really only quite limited viewing options. As it stood, I always thought it was a track that didn't need an air fence such was the amount of run off on the bends

All licenced tracks have to have an air fence. It's compulsory.

11 hours ago, GWC said:

If Rye House were to settle their bills and monies owed to riders the bspa might let them rejoin a league.

It’s not just Rye house that owe riders thousands. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

It’s not just Rye house that owe riders thousands. 

So, Swindon or Lakeside??

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Exactly  the point I am making  closing it down is in his hands one way or the other.

If two of the other clubs(or maybe even just one) had pulled out, the Premiership would have folded no matter what Chapman did. It isn't just down to him.

However, it is down to him buying into Peterborough & Ipswich that the Premiership is able to continue in 2019.

It is typical of the attitude of some members of this forum that a man saving not just a team but an entire league can be twisted into something suitable for negative comment. Its little wonder that the forum itself is often regarded as utterly without credibility. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

If two of the other clubs(or maybe even just one) had pulled out, the Premiership would have folded no matter what Chapman did. It isn't just down to him.

However, it is down to him buying into Peterborough & Ipswich that the Premiership is able to continue in 2019.

It is typical of the attitude of some members of this forum that a man saving not just a team but an entire league can be twisted into something suitable for negative comment. Its little wonder that the forum itself is often regarded as utterly without credibility. 

Buster is clearly no mug, he has a very solid product at Kings Lynn however without a Premiership to race in it is useless. His takeovers enable his priority venture to continue in the setting he wishes. With any luck he will buy Mildenhall & Rye House ready to move them up too next sseason. 

Oh Dear!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It is clear that the other clubs owe Chapman for enabling the league to continue and must have given tacit ( if not active) support for the purchases of Ippo and P'boro.

But in the absence of a robust framework for the administration of the sport and the lack of checks and balances, it is not surprising that concerns are being expressed.

But it is not as if the PL had much integrity to lose.

3 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

The same people  on other threads or media ,are suggesting a Bernie ecclestone / Barry Hearn type ,takes the whole sport over :D

• Like 1

Well Buster will have to wait at least another year before he gets his hands on Poole!;)

As for a Bernie Ecclestone/Barry Hearn character, can somebody tell me what  team sports either of these or similar have taken on and made more successful?

Its one thing to promote individuals in sports that are indoors and under cover in modern fit-for-purpose venues, giving the participants gladitorial personas and big fanfares!!

What would be in it for such an entrepreneur to take on speedway?

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well Buster will have to wait at least another year before he gets his hands on Poole!;)

As for a Bernie Ecclestone/Barry Hearn character, can somebody tell me what  team sports either of these or similar have taken on and made more successful?

Its one thing to promote individuals in sports that are indoors and under cover in modern fit-for-purpose venues, giving the participants gladitorial personas and big fanfares!!

What would be in it for such an entrepreneur to take on speedway?

Ecclestone & F1 obviously although I must say I never realised it was an indoor sport.

4 hours ago, arnieg said:

It is clear that the other clubs owe Chapman for enabling the league to continue and must have given tacit ( if not active) support for the purchases of Ippo and P'boro.

But in the absence of a robust framework for the administration of the sport and the lack of checks and balances, it is not surprising that concerns are being expressed.

But it is not as if the PL had much integrity to lose.

Part of my point here is that there are some who can't wait to stick the boot in, no matter what.

If Peterborough had closed and the Premiership disbanded they would have taken great delight in blaming Chapman for that.

I don't think its just the clubs that owe him a debt, its speedway as a whole. He has been much maligned over the past year or so and some it was fully justified, but I really don't see how anyone connected with the sport can give him anything but praise and credit where this is concerned - money where his mouth is comes very much to mind.

As to integrity, I think speedway (again as a whole)  lost that some time ago. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 6