British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wealdstone

Is Nobody bothered ?

19 hours ago, 1 valve said:

It is just plain wrong that two or more  clubs in the same league are under the influence of the same person/company/promoters.

No other self respecting sport allows this and casts massive doubt on the integrity of speedway, the independence of teams and indeed its long term survival.

Yes it would be good to have an overall supremo - but that person must have no ties to an individual club/team/league.

F1 - Red Bull and Torro Rosso? 

3 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Not saying there won't be accusations of manipulation but what would have been your solution to a five team top league then?

Amalgamation. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

F1 - Red Bull and Torro Rosso? 

I see your point but Torro Rosso (Red Bull in Italian) is run openly as a feeder B team to Red Bull with a wide range of rules and regulations ensuring “fair play” to all concerned whereas I’m not sure either Ipswich or Peterborough will want to play second fiddle to the Stars, 

55 minutes ago, ouch said:

Amalgamation. 

Pretty clear the Championship clubs didn't want that.

any other suggestions?

Not being deliberately difficult simply realistic.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

I see your point but Torro Rosso (Red Bull in Italian) is run openly as a feeder B team to Red Bull with a wide range of rules and regulations ensuring “fair play” to all concerned whereas I’m not sure either Ipswich or Peterborough will want to play second fiddle to the Stars, 

And Stars fans would NEVER want them to, can you imagine Chris Louis having any part of playing second fiddle to the Stars??

On 11/15/2018 at 2:01 PM, cityrebel said:

A track licence for 2019 would need to be issued before any prospective promoter took up residence. Easier said than done.

If the track had a license 2018, why not 2019?

4 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

If the track had a license 2018, why not 2019?

That's a question only the BSPA can answer.

3 hours ago, 1 valve said:

You're quite right but the Witches and Panthers have always been the understudies to the Stars so no need to change things now :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Pretty clear the Championship clubs didn't want that.

any other suggestions?

Not being deliberately difficult simply realistic.

I am fairly sure at least some of the Premiership ones didn't either. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Trees said:

And Stars fans would NEVER want them to, can you imagine Chris Louis having any part of playing second fiddle to the Stars??

On the face of it no. But has  there been any reason given by Him or Ipswich as to why (apparently) having been happy to continue in the 2nd tier the move up needed to involve selling the club?  Anything to do with Thursday race nights & doubling up etc? 

Is this the same Chapman who refused to allow the postponement of the BV v KL meeting last May? ,

despite the Aces actually struggling to put a team together, 

working for the 'good of the sport' then was he ?.

And now we've got it threefold !!!....... 

Edited by WestGorton1884

Buster just wants to ba a winner - no shame there!!  He's now purchased reached a commercial agreement for 2 more chances in 2019.

Will it be enough I wonder?!:rolleyes:;):D

7 hours ago, 1 valve said:

On the face of it no. But has  there been any reason given by Him or Ipswich as to why (apparently) having been happy to continue in the 2nd tier the move up needed to involve selling the club?  Anything to do with Thursday race nights & doubling up etc? 

No, nothing, maybe it will come out, the Ipswich fans will want to know for sure... 

1 minute ago, Trees said:

No, nothing, maybe it will come out, the Ipswich fans will want to know for sure... 

Pretty obvious isn't it? The Sky money that was used to bribe Kings' Lynn and Leicester into propping up the league a few seasons ago isn't there any more so this time a more creative solution had to be devised.

• Like 1

Just now, Alan_Jones said:

Pretty obvious isn't it? The Sky money that was used to bribe Kings' Lynn and Leicester into propping up the league a few seasons ago isn't there any more so this time a more creative solution had to be devised.

Of course, the fans will want to know the score although does it really matter?