British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wealdstone

Is Nobody bothered ?

3 hours ago, adonis said:

The same people  on other threads or media ,are suggesting a Bernie ecclestone / Barry Hearn type ,takes the whole sport over :D

You're right and it just goes to prove that for some the BSPA are wrong what ever they do, period. To me, that just shows how viciously biased some are. 

There's lots to criticise about the sport but heaven's sake lets keep it balanced and give credit where its due.  

1 hour ago, Alan_Jones said:

Ecclestone & F1 obviously although I must say I never realised it was an indoor sport.

Not indoor but on fit for purpose tracks with excellent facilities.

F1 is an individual sport for the majority of spectators with an ancillary team/sponsor  ethic on the production side. Its the individual drivers that are promoted.

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

See the chairman's statement today on the BSPA website.

If the sentiments expressed are genuine he is to be applauded.

• Like 2

Only time will prove wheather this works or not. Knowing Chapmans motives and the way he operates I’ve no doubt how it will go, not that I’ll be gloating in a year or so time. 

Certainly saves me a bob or two. 

having put his money where his mouth is , I hope it all works out  for him and the sport in general

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wealdstone said:

If the sentiments expressed are genuine he is to be applauded.

1 hour ago, adonis said:

having put his money where his mouth is , I hope it all works out  for him and the sport in general

I'm one of his biggest critics and he certainly has put his money on the line. I agree with Chapman that there has to be 3 leagues. He certainly deserves some credit in trying to save what he believes in.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm one of his biggest critics and he certainly has put his money on the line. I agree with Chapman that there has to be 3 leagues. He certainly deserves some credit in trying to save what he believes in.

Completely agree, I think people are quick to criticise Buster but as chairman just how much power to change does he actually have. Maybe controlling three clubs will help in that direction but at the end of the day he is one of a number of promoters who all seem to want different things. 

28 minutes ago, screm said:

Completely agree, I think people are quick to criticise Buster but as chairman just how much power to change does he actually have. Maybe controlling three clubs will help in that direction but at the end of the day he is one of a number of promoters who all seem to want different things. 

It is just plain wrong that two or more  clubs in the same league are under the influence of the same person/company/promoters.

No other self respecting sport allows this and casts massive doubt on the integrity of speedway, the independence of teams and indeed its long term survival.

Yes it would be good to have an overall supremo - but that person must have no ties to an individual club/team/league.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, 1 valve said:

It is just plain wrong that two or more  clubs in the same league are under the influence of the same person/company/promoters.

No other self respecting sport allows this and casts massive doubt on the integrity of speedway, the independence of teams and indeed its long term survival.

Yes it would be good to have an overall supremo - but that person must have no ties to an individual club/team/league.

That may be Chapman's long term plan. Own as many PL side's as he can, pick off a few more from CL or NL, then form a breakaway competition.

Totally under one leadership with no conflict or self interest in the league make up.

He's categorically made it clear he loves this sport, I believe him in that.

He'll get things wrong, as does any owner or leader does. It's about how, when and how quickly he can recover those mistakes.

I believe this AGM has been exactly what was required. By no means just a shuffling of the chairs as some state.

He has put his money where his mouth is and for British Speedway overall I cannot sit here and knock someone who's willing to lose it all for the sake of loving a sport.

A new 5 year plan is in place. One I also believe is the right direction. Fingers crossed firmly that we can now see some genuine British talent come through also, all the doors are there to come through.

The only thing I ask is please Keith Chapman, as a Stars fan, you must make a change to the race track at King's Lynn. It needs to be and should be one of the best tracks in the UK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There will not be any major changes to track prep anywhere unless there are major changes to riders' machinery.

• Like 1

It’s not just the fact it’s three clubs. With such a small league that’s 43%. 

Wheather true or not fans will cry foul if they think any manipulation is taking place between these teams and it will be yet another reason to walk away. 

44 minutes ago, ouch said:

It’s not just the fact it’s three clubs. With such a small league that’s 43%. 

Wheather true or not fans will cry foul if they think any manipulation is taking place between these teams and it will be yet another reason to walk away. 

Not saying there won't be accusations of manipulation but what would have been your solution to a five team top league then?

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

There will not be any major changes to track prep anywhere unless there are major changes to riders' machinery.

Promoters could at least try could they not??

Change a supplier etc to try and make tracks conductive. The dirt at King's Lynn is so heavy and full of rocks and stones. This shouldn't be acceptable.