British Speedway Forum
AbbyTheWitch

2019 Championship Confirmed Signings

RIP Workington Comets.

Get ready for a rider merry-go-round and big edits being needed to the team line-ups.

Re Big Al, 

Some NL riders coming up full time or for full season will be a big asset and could easily double (or better) their averages, Drew Kemp / Tom Brennan / Leon Flint would in my opinion all be capable of an average in excess of 6 in the Championship by the end of the season.

There are the likes of Connor Mountain, Georgie Wood; James Shanes who will need to "kick on" with them having some more CL experience than the out and out newcomers.

It has to be great for the sport to see so many moving up and gaining experience, the cream will rise to the top, the remainder will either find a level and become solid performers, a few will find it too much (either too soon or for now).

Very interesting season ahead.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, HGould said:

Re Big Al, 

Some NL riders coming up full time or for full season will be a big asset and could easily double (or better) their averages, Drew Kemp / Tom Brennan / Leon Flint would in my opinion all be capable of an average in excess of 6 in the Championship by the end of the season.

There are the likes of Connor Mountain, Georgie Wood; James Shanes who will need to "kick on" with them having some more CL experience than the out and out newcomers.

It has to be great for the sport to see so many moving up and gaining experience, the cream will rise to the top, the remainder will either find a level and become solid performers, a few will find it too much (either too soon or for now).

Those three young lads you mentioned are really promising but to average over 6 in there first full season at that level is a big ask.I dont see Flint doing it if he can average 4 that would be a great season.Yes the other two in my opinion are the two i believe can really kick on and have a good career.This league is still a tough one, different challenges for the younger lads the good thing is most clubs have riders at the bottom end all trying to prove this is there level.A  few will fall away and struggle but some will relish the challenge but good luck to all of them.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, HGould said:

Re Big Al, 

What are the riders that you feel can make this there level.? For me Kemp/Brennan are future Prem riders they will do well but the two that interest me are Rowe/ Atkins at Somerset Anders being a Swindon asset i hope he kicks on and will be a future Robin.Shanes and Mountain will improve and Danyon Hume if he stays injury free will eventually get his chance again.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a list with all the teams and riders averages?  Was sure the front page did at some point.  

Cheers 

3 hours ago, Cj69 said:

Does anyone have a list with all the teams and riders averages?  Was sure the front page did at some point.  

Cheers 

Go to speedwaygb.

Championship.

Championship averages.

• Thanks 1

Blackheart,  D Berge is no longer in the Somerset team he has been replaced by V Grobauer, can you change the team lineup for Somerset.

Joe Lawlor replaced by Kyle Bickley at Glasgow.

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

So many reasons ? I wonder which 1 is true 

Just now, pienpeesman said:

So many reasons ? I wonder which 1 is true 

Who's the replacement for Victor at the diamonds I wonder if he's a Brit or a Finn dave, or another nationality,,,,

21 hours ago, Tsunami said:

funny thing with this announcement there was something about kyle and it said he was Glasgow rider over a week before official statement 

id guess he was Glasgow rider within 48 hours of Workington going under

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

funny thing with this announcement there was something about kyle and it said he was Glasgow rider over a week before official statement 

id guess he was Glasgow rider within 48 hours of Workington going under

You should stop guessing then.

18 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Who's the replacement for Victor at the diamonds I wonder if he's a Brit or a Finn dave, or another nationality,,,,

So many reasons I wonder which one is true ?.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:21 PM, Gazc said:

So many reasons I wonder which one is true ?.

The truth is Victor & Nike Lunna OUT & S Worrall IN.

A N Other to follow

At the end of the day, both Glasgow and Newcastle have taken advantage of new riders becoming available to strengthen their sides.  Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 4