British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Take it TJ wont be back on a 7.66 then? Barker at 5?

Nobody would say no to TJ but press thingy says 'new' number one and as he rode for us last season at 1, he wouldnt be in that bracket, but certainly would take him back - don't think any Bears fans would say no.

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

Speaking to a certain Mr Barker at Worky when he guested he had Glasgow in his sights

As much as Ben has an attractive average and however much Ben want's to return I just can't see it after his previous stint with us , but never say never if it was based solely on his track craft it is a no brainer I would have him back in a minute.

24 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Sorry everyone lol. 

1. Ulrich Ostergaard

2. Mikkel B Andersen

3. Jonas B Andersen 

4. Dimitri Berge

5. Ben Barker

6. Simon Lambert

7. Jordan Stewart

The report says "a new look team."

So Duffill back as the new promoter, with Mudgway continuing as team manager. Happy it is now all sorted, and can look forward to the 14th when the team will hopefully be announced. 

10 minutes ago, boz said:

So Duffill back as the new promoter, with Mudgway continuing as team manager. Happy it is now all sorted, and can look forward to the 14th when the team will hopefully be announced. 

Jittendra was already a promoter, was he not?

He was a co-promoter last season but stepped down halfway through the season. 

3 minutes ago, boz said:

He was a co-promoter last season but stepped down halfway through the season. 

The way I understood it was, he stepped down as Team Manager, but remained a Co-promoter.  I could be wrong of course!

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

The way I understood it was, he stepped down as Team Manager, but remained a Co-promoter.  I could be wrong of course!

You are correct. Never stood down as co promoter. He has just sold his opticians business and says he is eventually going to start up in a new line of business. Looks like current team manger Jade Mudgeway has talked him in to going solo promoter. Maybe Jade may join him as promoter at some time.

2 hours ago, slyfox said:

You are correct. Never stood down as co promoter. He has just sold his opticians business and says he is eventually going to start up in a new line of business. Looks like current team manger Jade Mudgeway has talked him in to going solo promoter. Maybe Jade may join him as promoter at some time.

Unless they've changed the rules back, you have to have at least two promoters at the club.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Unless they've changed the rules back, you have to have at least two promoters at the club.

Is that not only if its a new promoter/promotion for first year or two?

Edited by mike7164
missed the word not out

32 minutes ago, mike7164 said:

Is that not only if its a new promoter/promotion for first year or two?

Don't think so.  If you have new promoters (who haven't promoted previously) you have to have a promoter as an over-seer, until you serve your probation period (Neil Machin did it at Leicester and (I think) Scunthorpe).

The two promoters rule came in to stop a repeat of the Newport situation, after Tim Stone's death.

That's how I believe it works, anyhow.

33 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Don't think so.  If you have new promoters (who haven't promoted previously) you have to have a promoter as an over-seer, until you serve your probation period (Neil Machin did it at Leicester and (I think) Scunthorpe).

The two promoters rule came in to stop a repeat of the Newport situation, after Tim Stone's death.

That's how I believe it works, anyhow.

Lakeside & Scunthorpe only had 1 promoter each on the last published officials list (13/09).

14 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

Lakeside & Scunthorpe only had 1 promoter each on the last published officials list (13/09).

Is Gail not a second promoter to Rob at Scunny ? 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Is Gail not a second promoter to Rob at Scunny ? 

She's on the list but without a specific licenced role.

• Thanks 1