British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, StevePark said:

Don't think so.  If you have new promoters (who haven't promoted previously) you have to have a promoter as an over-seer, until you serve your probation period (Neil Machin did it at Leicester and (I think) Scunthorpe).

The two promoters rule came in to stop a repeat of the Newport situation, after Tim Stone's death.

That's how I believe it works, anyhow.

To your first point that is why I said for a season or two, however to your second point regarding change after Tim Stones death I had heard somewhere they were talking about that somewhere  which makes perfect sense, just had not heard it was set in stone! 

I see no Charles Wright at Somerset, would be pleased to see him return although can't see us being able to outbid Somerset for his services

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, boz said:

I see no Charles Wright at Somerset, would be pleased to see him return although can't see us being able to outbid Somerset for his services

"It could be you!" as they say on a certain reality TV show.

Edited by Willowman
  • Like 1

I was hoping for Wright or Proctor at number one...but be surprised if we offered more than Somerset as they have stated his new club have done.

Think us redcar fans will be happy with the team and the raceing and think the feel good facter will be back we had 2yrs ago...

• Like 1

First big signing for Redcar 2019 has to be Terry The Track is back. Week in and week out he produces one of the best racing tracks in the country. Welcome back Terry your a massive cog in the mechanics of Redcar Bears :t:

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Parsy29 said:

First big signing for Redcar 2019 has to be Terry The Track is back. Week in and week out he produces one of the best racing tracks in the country. Welcome back Terry your a massive cog in the mechanics of Redcar Bears :t:

Best racing track in the country ? Clearly havent been to Sheffield then :-)

Edited by OdsalBoy
typo
  • Haha 3

Jordan Stewart has been named as the first Bear for 2019. Announced 'early' as news had been leaked on social media.  Also been confirmed that the rest of the team have been signed and will be revealed at the December social.

Good start!

3 hours ago, Boothers said:

Jordan Stewart has been named as the first Bear for 2019. Announced 'early' as news had been leaked on social media.  Also been confirmed that the rest of the team have been signed and will be revealed at the December social.

Good start!

Good signing ,that boy has talent.

Good on the lad, he'd been spoken to by the bigmoneymen up north, but chose to stay with Redcar because they gave him his first break.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1