British Speedway Forum

33 minutes ago, Uluru said:

Good on the lad, he'd been spoken to by the bigmoneymen up north, but chose to stay with Redcar because they gave him his first break.

Bigmoneymen…….lol

The Glasgow Bashing is quickly becoming a national obsession...………...lol...……..FREEDOM !!!

…..and yes, I would like to have seen the boy up north.

32 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Well who do you think the the new number 1/signings will be Redcar fans? Seen as though it’s apparently a ‘new look’ team

One of the more impressive riders at Redcar, last year, was Michael Palm Toft. So I have a sneaking suspicion, he could be No1. Ty proctor, could also be a possibility for a team place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

One of the more impressive riders at Redcar, last year, was Michael Palm Toft. So I have a sneaking suspicion, he could be No1. Ty proctor, could also be a possibility for a team place.

Does he ride in Denmark on a Friday though?  Lots of people are suggesting this may be an issue for the Bears.

9 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Does he ride in Denmark on a Friday though?  Lots of people are suggesting this may be an issue for the Bears.

It may be an issue for some Danes, but not sure how involved, MPT is in Denmark on Friday's. I know he has guested for the bears on Friday's.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

My guess for the team

MPT

Wright

Wajtknecht/Shanes

Bacon

MBA

Stewart

Greaves

I think you might have one out of seven right there.

8 minutes ago, foamfence said:

I think you might have one out of seven right there.

Funny. If it’s to be a ‘new look’ team you can’t exactly put last years riders in it can you, so I’ve went for riders without a club so far that have gone well around Redcar previously on a low budget.

5 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Funny. If it’s to be a ‘new look’ team you can’t exactly put last years riders in it can you, so I’ve went for riders without a club so far that have gone well around Redcar previously on a low budget.

thats how it works @ Glasgow . if you had a good meeting you stand a chance of being signed up , if you umm and rrr about it they just throw money @ you to  make it sweeter . same as the last 3 years really .

hope you bears build  a good side and have something to show for it . we have not been to Redcar for a long time , maybe time to pay the odd visit in 19 ..

Edited by jenga
no gaps between words .

Just hope we dont include any duffers like Wilkinson, Robson or Pijper - that would really change the mood...  

Shame if we dont include the Anderson bros, both good Championship performers...

Still hoping for Wright or Proctor to be in the mix...

17 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I think most of those names will be much in demand, so It's likely to be about money.....Hope you're right though, that'd be a good side.

57 minutes ago, foamfence said:

I think most of those names will be much in demand, so It's likely to be about money.....Hope you're right though, that'd be a good side.

Oh I don’t think so really, the 4-5 pointers will be the ones finding it hard to get team places due to the 38 point limit now. 

1 hour ago, RedcarRacer said:

Just hope we dont include any duffers like Wilkinson, Robson or Pijper - that would really change the mood...  

Shame if we dont include the Anderson bros, both good Championship performers...

Still hoping for Wright or Proctor to be in the mix...

Stuart announced his retirement at the end of last season.

You (or anyone else) could do worse than Wilko on his 3.96 (-2.5%) average.

7 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Stuart announced his retirement at the end of last season.

You (or anyone else) could do worse than Wilko on his 3.96 (-2.5%) average.

About time Wilkinson followed Robson, should have retired years ago - Wilkinson will be a waste of a team place if anyone signs him - wouldnt take him on a 2...