British Speedway Forum

Quote from the Bears promoter...

Whether you agree with the 38 points limit or not, it will do exactly what it was intended to do and that is to reset the balance between all 3 leagues and give the younger British riders a ladder on which to climb in the sport. Contrary to what some may tell you, my main motivation to support this limit at he AGM wasnt financial, but to develop new British talent. When all teams have been declared, take a look at the reserve berths in the Championship and you will see lots of young riders being given a shot as a direct result. British speedway will benefit in the long run from this new crop of riders getting their chance.

Read more: http://bears-talk.proboards.com/thread/3403/2019?page=10#ixzz5ZlUfN5Og

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

Maybe this poverty thing can be put to bed now.

Because it's a smoke screen for alterior motives, to get what they wanted.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I assume you mean ulterior.

Either way it worked, this cunning devious plan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

explain?

46 minutes ago, ch958 said:

explain?

All this nonsense about wanting to promote young British talent as being their reason for a 38.00 points limit. 

Redcar wanted a 38.00 points limit because they thought it would be their best chance of success in the league by restricting Glasgow, Somerset, Sheffield etc.. nothing to do with young Brits or what is best for British Speedway.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 2

A lower points limit makes it not such a big gulf between the the National league and Championship ,so yeah it is about promoting British riders 

• Like 4

it seems to me that both of those aims have been met and i think that's fine. There is now clear divide between the leagues and NL riders are moving up. Don't see the problem

• Like 3

Just shows even with this years championship not always spending big can still get you success over the big money spenders. Workington proved that one.

Looking at Glasgow they look to have a good team too.

Redcar have looked at the points and I feel have picked wisely with experience and youth eager to win.

It can all look good on paper, but hopefully everyone's team in the Championship can do well on the track next season.

Redcar have never pleaded poverty, but work to a budget no matter who was running them

I hope we are up there higher next year.

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

All this nonsense about wanting to promote young British talent as being their reason for a 38.00 points limit. 

Redcar wanted a 38.00 points limit because they thought it would be their best chance of success in the league by restricting Glasgow, Somerset, Sheffield etc.. nothing to do with young Brits or what is best for British Speedway.

Then Glasgow, Somerset and Sheffield should be racing in the Premier league and not with the poor poverty stricken teams , I'm sure they would have been accepted.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Najjer said:

Those three teams are most peoples predictions for topping the league anyway, so what,s your problem. Maybe you wanted a 45 point average where those teams could have squeezed in the likes of Hans Andersen etc with two 5 point foreigners at reserve.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, cheekycobra said:

Those three teams are most peoples predictions for topping the league anyway, so what,s your problem. Maybe you wanted a 45 point average where those teams could have squeezed in the likes of Hans Andersen etc with two 5 point foreigners at reserve.

My problem is the constant watering down of the product year on year. 1 x British 2 pointer should of been compulsory. Best of both worlds. 

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

My problem is the constant watering down of the product year on year. 1 x British 2 pointer should of been compulsory. Best of both worlds. 

It's "should HAVE been compulsory" and it shouldn't. I thing British Speedway should give opportunities to young British riders, I think this years setup looks both refreshing and exciting and a pleasant change from helping foreign riders develop.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1